Best campsite around aviemore?

Yodagoat

Reaction score
Whats the best campsite around the Aviemore area? A few mates are staying in the log cabins or a hotel or something and I was thinking of heading up with my tent for a couple of nights at the end of the month.

You could try the Glen More campsite which is on the cairngorm road about 5 miles outside Aviemore its a forestry commision site and is on the websiteHERE.

The other option is the bunkhouse which is just over the river on the left as you start to head out the cairngorm road. there ie s pub and resturant next door and a footpath to the middle of the town. not much difference in the price between both.

Minimum 3 days stay at glenmore :( i was looking a nice quiet wee camp site myself to take my daughter camping on the bike, but the 3 days turns out to me expensive :blast .......oh well faskally here we come :rolleyes:

Was at the one at Coylumbridge, many moons ago. You pitch your tent amongst the trees with your car/bike nearby.
Lots of walks, and the Coylumbridge hotel not far.

Coylumbridge Caravan Park
Coylumbridge, Aviemore
Highland, PH22 1QU
Tel: (01479) 812800

Al :thumb2

The Rothiemurchus campsite's close to glenmore, about a tenner a night:eek: ,but in a good setting, but a fair walk to the pub.
BTW it's pronounced "rothi-mur-kus", they like to point this out:rob .

Was at the one at Coylumbridge, many moons ago. You pitch your tent amongst the trees with your car/bike nearby.
Lots of walks, and the Coylumbridge hotel not far.

Coylumbridge Caravan Park
Coylumbridge, Aviemore
Highland, PH22 1QU
Tel: (01479) 812800

I would second this for Spring and Autumn visits but in the Summer Coylumbridge is a bit of a midgie hell-hole. Loch Morlich gets more wind and can be a bit less painful but no pub I think.

I would second this for Spring and Autumn visits but in the Summer Coylumbridge is a bit of a midgie hell-hole. Loch Morlich gets more wind and can be a bit less painful but no pub I think.

Yeah - bound to be. :eek:

When I was there it was around April - so no biting-ba5tards :thumb2

Even if you take your car into Aviemore for the evening - it is close enough that you can get a taxi back to the campsite and walk into the village the next day to pick up the car.

(not sure if you'd want to leave a bike in the village, unless it was in the police station lobby :( )

Back
Top Bottom