Update disc ?

NA1959

Reaction score
:( Has anyone received the v9 Garmin update?:roll

I sent for mine over a week ago but nothing yet! :mmmm

:thumb2 Yep - just picked up mine from Garmin Hungary... they have hundreds - so if you are desperate pop down to Budapest!!

Just got off the the phone with a guy in shipping in Garmin, he said a number
of them had found their way to their desks and were sent out to callers but
these were now gone. He said it would be at least a couple of weeks before
they were shipped again.
:blast

:blast Looks like those that phoned may have got lucky!:aidan

The rest of us will still have to wait.:spitfire:rolleyes:

Nothing yet, maybe the posty has updated his gps!!!

I did the usual thing and sent an email asking for the DVD.

I had a reply with three attachments basically saying that the procedure has changed.

You need to go to their website, register and have an old product registration number to hand.

http://www.garmin.com/

Register then apply for V9. Don't take any notice of the posted cost of $259, that's for the US market.

The DVD is still free and the on-line unlock is about £30 to £40 once you have the DVD.

I did the usual thing and sent an email asking for the DVD.

I had a reply with three attachments basically saying that the procedure has changed.

You need to go to their website, register and have an old product registration number to hand.

http://www.garmin.com/

Register then apply for V9. Don't take any notice of the posted cost of $259, that's for the US market.

The DVD is still free and the on-line unlock is about £30 to £40 once you have the DVD.

Hi Mike, did you get the disk already ?

Hi Mike, did you get the disk already ?
Not yet but I have it confirmed that it's on the way as a result of the above procedure.

The price was quoted in the confirmation and IIRC is less than I paid to unlock V8.

;) Mike, I and some of my mates have already done this over a week ago and have received the e-mails from Garmin. But still no disc. :( :aidan

Look's like we still are a couple of weeks away from the new issue:nenau :nenau

I telephoned Garmin UK last Thursday (08/03). They said they'd run out of the V9 DVD's and were waiting for more to come in. They suggested I give them another call in a weeks time ......:banghead:

Mine arrived today, ordered 2 weeks ago. Mapsource has full postcode searching. Woohoo

Yip, they're send out just enough of them to pi$$ the rest of us off. :blast

I remember this feeling on Christmas morning when I was 9.:eek:

Back
Top Bottom