Map changes failed

INBOC

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi, so keep getting this error on garmin express when I try and put latest update map 2025.1 into basecamp on my windows 10 laptop. The install onto the XT went smooth enough and I can see these maps on basecamp via the internal storage on XT. I have removed garmin express and basecamp numerous times to see if that helps and even reset the laptop as well, I think the issue is because I have 2 garmin folders, one in program data, and one in program files(x86). Buried in the program data folder I can find
Maps/RMU/EU/2025_10 buried in there what looks like the update package, any clues or guidance on getting the maps in the laptop to actual show on basecamp, many thanks in advance, for reference this is the first time I have had a bad update session

I’m now up and running at a small cost of loosing some pre planed routes I didn’t backup but I don’t mind basecamp planning .
The steps taken for me to get back to normal
Clear off the windows 10 laptop all Garmin items (I only had GE and basecamp)
Re install older version of GE 7.16.3.0 run this as administrator with RMB option
Recheck my XT was still up to date an new maps were still on there (this had gone well originally, but wanted to check)
Unplugged XT from laptop
Installed 4.2.5 Basecamp legacy from Garmin website
Then plugged XT into laptop (at this point only recognised the XT didn’t show its maps)
Opened GE with RMB administrator (still older version)
Used GE to install maps to laptop, this worked
Then unplugged XT from laptop
Then checked on Basecamp that latest maps were there and coming from laptop
Then in Basecamp under help tab , updated to latest version of Basecamp
Checked latest version worked with maps on laptop
Plugged XT back into laptop , Basecamp now seeing all maps inside XT.
Reset Basecamp and XT to settings I prefer, did a route on Basecamp, sent to XT all looks good
Many thanks
INBOC

Reactions: G&T
Personally with the XT's I just let them update via WiFi.
Have had no end of issues recently with GE on both the Mac and Laptop with update failures, map issues, etc.
Still ongoing ones with GE and/or BC not seeing maps on the device despite them being there when its unplugged on the 700i.
Follow Garmin's help pages to do the full removal of GE as there are very specific things you need to find that aren't necessarily aren't what you think.

Reactions: G&T

Back
Top Bottom