Vibrations on a ram mount

V2 TRV

Reaction score
I've recently put a ram mount on to my CT with a Migsel mount. All fits fine but the annoying thing is that at virtually all speeds I get a fair bit of vibration through the mount which makes it hard to read the screen of the Zumo.

Anyone had any experiences of how to kill off those vines?

To

Trev

are you using the standard arm? if yes get the shorter arm....:thumb2

also check if the arm is offset straight up is better than at angle as it acts like a springboard....

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365235235.663832.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1365235251.413794.jpg

Short one I think. Not a lot of space next to the screen so can't go vertical.

ride slower your screwed.

you need a different way to attach the first ball on the that bent up bit of coke cola tin that's flexing and picking up vibrations, because it can't go straight these are being amplified up the short arm... it's the worse of all worlds...

what else is there to mount onto as I not familiar with the instrument lay out.

+1 on that bit of thin plate being the culprit. Is there no bar that you can clamp the RAM mount to directly?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

ride slower your screwed.

you need a different way to attach the first ball on the that bent up bit of coke cola tin that's flexing and picking up vibrations, because it can't go straight these are being amplified up the short arm... it's the worse of all worlds...

what else is there to mount onto as I not familiar with the instrument lay out.

There is the handlebar or the sw motech version which I've just taken off as it mounts to the handlebar bolts which lowers your field of vision. I've just taken off that one and bought the Migsel one as it puts the unit above the clocks for a better view of the road :blast

View attachment 226251

Short one I think. Not a lot of space next to the screen so can't go vertical.

I suggest you look closer as to how its secured or fastened onto the dash cowling first .. and those tie wrap ! IMV its waiting to shake .. On some scoots have seen the metal stud drilled thru dash cowling to make it more secure.. suggest you get a secure anchor point first :blast

I suggest you look closer as to how its secured or fastened onto the dash cowling first .. and those tie wrap ! IMV its waiting to shake .. On some scoots have seen the metal stud drilled thru dash cowling to make it more secure.. suggest you get a secure anchor point first :blast

The tie wrap only keeps the cable in place ffs!!!

Have u not seen how the Miguel works???

I think he means use a more substantial thing. that bit of bent up ali isn't stable and so transmits vibs to the ball mount... and up to the device...

:augie

The tie wrap only keeps the cable in place ffs!!!

Have u not seen how the Miguel works???

yes and I do know how it attaches onto the CT frame and the ball is a RAM-B-236-SEC1 .. see my post on the subject !

Thanks Lo-IQ t'was my point, but flew over the heads .. I would have used a Telferizer option instead :thumby:

... why did I bother coming back it just aint worth the F***ing hassle anymore .. ! shall try again in another 3 months to see if this a happy place :(

It's not ally it's stainless, but it is still a bracket problem:D

It's just a poor design.

GPS-R-XTourer05.JPG

You have a screen mount connected forward to the most flexible part of the frame, the screen mount is connected to a screen (no shit I hear you say) causing added vibration. The screen mount is then connected to a wide Migsel mount with a 90 deg bend to the ball to give it more opportunity to flex on a rotational axis, then you have a ram bar connected to a rubberised ram ball. Sitting on top of that is a sat nav that you want to sit perfectly still! The distance from the top heavy stat nav to the nearest piece of solid frame must be 18". It has to vibrate.

Clamp a ram ball to the bars and the problem will go away.

There are two other options though.

A) rest your chin on the mirrors and get your head vibrating in sync with the sat nav (has some unfortunate side effects though)
B) buy a GS which doesn't vibrate at all :D:D:D

Back
Top Bottom