Panniers - query

What about R1150GSA panniers? If you wait long enough they do come up Forsale and bolt straight on. I picked mine up from here for £450 including rack and footrest brackets.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 232
I store all my clothes in them and suck the air out with a vacuum cleaner, can get loads more luggage in. I have a set of hepco and Becker journey panniers with a journey top box.
Best to get a cheap set as and when they come up.

Where does the vacuum cleaner get stored? Do Touratech have a special mounting bracket for this? :)

stop farting about with those little pannier's £300/400, get one of these, 74 lt, £30 from b&q, take's all the camping gear you'll ever need,

I considered this, but it just is not the look I want to go for. No-one would take me seriously riding around with Billy Bunter's lunchbox hanging off the back of my bike. ;-)

I must say, this forum is very good at passing used items between members. It has one of the most active resale sections I have ever experienced.

You just have to aware that anything you buy of here has probably been owned by a few hundred UKGSER's before you:D

You just have to aware that anything you buy of here has probably been owned by a few hundred UKGSER's before you:D

Does that include opinions and platitudes? ;-)

Good thing we don't have a used "underpant and toothbrush" section on the For Sale board.

Sometimes a used well beaten wife is a bonus, often saves you from having to do anymore than show her the back of your hand :D

Of course, some are ready to snap and you'll wake with a sore groin and an extra chewy sausage on ya fry up.

Let the buyer beware not to dib, and choose wisely or face the consequences.

I was in your dilemma a few years ago (2010)
Looked at all the various types and went with Ard cases - brilliant.
Really well made (crash tested :blast), totally waterproof and the cheapest around.
Roger is a top man and will make you a set to your specifications without the hefty price tag - mine are huge :eek:
In fact technically my bike is illegal in Germany cos it's too wide :D

:thumby:

Back
Top Bottom