Can you recommend me some gloves

fatbastard

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I struggle to find winter gloves a find comfy enough that still gives me feeling when riding. I wear summer gloves as much as possible but if I'm looking to buy winter gloves can you recommend some, not too bulky and still give good feeling through the handlebars ?

I struggle to find winter gloves a find comfy enough that still gives me feeling when riding. I wear summer gloves as much as possible but if I'm looking to buy winter gloves can you recommend some, not too bulky and still give good feeling through the handlebars ?

Keep an eye out on eBay and here for BMW Winter II's... I paid about £50 for mine and they were almost new and are the best winter gloves I have owned in 25 years of year round riding... Per bent fingers and plenty of feel... Warm and waterproof enough with a wrist gaiter and easy adjuster...

Muffs are the way ahead, failing that I like my Rukka Apollo, the Rukka gloves come up really small so try a pair on first if you are considering buying online.

Thanks for the advice, I think my problem has been I've owned leather winter gloves in the past and they were bulky. A lad at work brought in a pair off muffs today and they did feel comfy but all advice is appreciated.

+1 for Rukka I've got the Atlas Make sure to try them on as has been said

The muffs aren't cool but they work remarkably well and even in the coldest weather you can wear fairly thin gloves if you have heated grips.

Gloves

I've had winter gloves from work but never use them as i dont get the feel of the bike as they are too bulky.
I ended up buying my own set of Gerbing T5 Heated Gloves which are fantastic. They are expensive and you need a heat controller aswell.
If you look after them they'll give you the comfort, heat and confidence you need. They are the best things i've bought in years.
Dont buy cheap as you will end up buying twice as they say.

As mentioned above, I have heated handlebars and Tucano muffs. I use my summer gloves all year.

If you don't have heated bars then these heated muffs are highly recommended by a couple of mates
http://www.infinitymotorcycles.com/product/bagster-box-r-heated-muffs/4124

bagster-box-heated-03.jpg

I have heated grips and up to now have just used summer gloves all year round , was just thinking something cosy and waterproof just for when it's extra chilly.

Muffs are the way ahead, failing that I like my Rukka Apollo, the Rukka gloves come up really small so try a pair on first if you are considering buying online.
The Rukka GTX Apollo is listed on the Moto24 site as a summer glove ... just how warm are they? I get the impression you're suggesting they might be a possible alternative to muffs?

I have Rukka Apollos and with liners they are fine for the winter with a bike fitted with heated grips BUT I would not recommend them .

They come up very small on sizing (I always wear a size 10 in gloves and had to get a size 12 in Rukka) ,however, the main problem I and two and of my mates have had with ours is that the finger linings pull away from the glove turning inside out when you take the gloves off when your hands get warm . They area pain to get the linings back in the right place .

For winter use I prefer a set of Halvarssons gloves , much warmer and drier

I use Rukka Argosaurus gloves, unless it's extremeley cold, then I'll wear my Keiss heated gloves.

Vals Toucano Muffs with summer gloves is my no 1 recommendation and mine are on the bike from about late October to April.

I have just bough a pair of Rukka Argosaurus, partly following recommendation from on here but a friend in the police told me he swears by them so that was me sold.

The Rukka GTX Apollo is listed on the Moto24 site as a summer glove ... just how warm are they? I get the impression you're suggesting they might be a possible alternative to muffs?

The only alternative to muffs is a car! Whilst the Rukka gloves are good they are not an alternative to muffs, just an option as some do not like the look or feel of muffs & the poster asked for gloves with some feel in them. In my experience it is very rare to find a really warm glove that does not feel like you're wearing a pillow on each hand.

I didn't get on with muffs so I've just fitted some Barkbuster blizzards (as recommended on here by some other Tossers) and combined them with BMW Atlantis gloves (inner collar works perfectly with cuffs on my rukka suit).

So far this combination has been brilliant! :thumb

Back
Top Bottom