How have you mounted your mobile phone on your bike? This is really targeted at LC

any vibration issues with the quad lock ? read a few stories were the phone can vibrate loose then jump out the holder

Not that I’ve noticed - it’s locked in with the blue tab in any case.

And just to answer the quite reasonable question about why on Earth I want to mount my phone where I can see it - because it’s also my satnav, I don’t use a separate GPS any more.

If the phone rings I can answer or reject the call with a voice command, and because it’s BT’d to my bike it automatically goes into do not disturb mode so I don’t get texts or any other notifications.

Hope that helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

any vibration issues with the quad lock ? read a few stories were the phone can vibrate loose then jump out the holder

I find it quite difficult to remove the phone from the Quadlock mount so I can't imagine how it could possibly come loose accidentally unless something has fouled the locking tab and stopped it from springing forward into the locked position, maybe an errant cable, or because the mount on the phone was not seated correctly in the first place - both easily avoidable with care. I suppose the locking tab might loose its springiness over time, but they are available from Quadlock as spare parts, so easily remedied.

I find it quite difficult to remove the phone from the Quadlock mount so I can't imagine how it could possibly come loose accidentally unless something has fouled the locking tab and stopped it from springing forward into the locked position, maybe an errant cable, or because the mount on the phone was not seated correctly in the first place - both easily avoidable with care. I suppose the locking tab might loose its springiness over time, but they are available from Quadlock as spare parts, so easily remedied.

thanks thats good info

What has been fixed , or am I missing something - fixed like this

It is the rather juvenile practice of changing the words in a quoted post to make it appear that the earlier poster said something different to what he actually said. The forum software should make this impossible, but it doesn't. I expect I will get some less than witty alteration of this in retaliation for saying this. A particularly tasteless example happened earlier to someone who was commenting on the death of another biker - maybe that was you?

thanks thats good info

Of course I should also have mentioned that the system relies on the part of the mount which is stuck to the phone (or more likely to the case you put the phone in) staying attached, so it must be properly applied to a clean and grease free and reasonably flat surface. This shouldn't be too difficult to achieve judging by how I found it virtually impossible to remove from my old case when I bought a new one, so couldn't have reused it (though not a good idea anyway) and had to buy a new one - they are about £11 each.

Or you just get the case

105beca4e27a0c450fcdb99e14db1246.jpg

Or you just get the case

105beca4e27a0c450fcdb99e14db1246.jpg

Unfortunately Quadlock only seem to do their own cases (which include integral mounts) for iPhones and the Samsung Galaxy range. For my Nexus 6 phone I used a tight fitting robust case with protective bumper from Amazon (Unicorn Beetle Series), and stuck the mount to that.

A6K-3047129-7061-X2.jpg

Ah - understood.

Unfortunately Quadlock only seem to do their own cases (which include integral mounts) for iPhones and the Samsung Galaxy range. For my Nexus 6 phone I used a tight fitting robust case with protective bumper from Amazon (Unicorn Beetle Series), and stuck the mount to that.

A6K-3047129-7061-X2.jpg

Resurrection of a thread. I saw this mentioned elsewhere in the forum and bought one, delivered today and it seems spot on.
BMW kindly offered me a new G6 for £550.......I hesitated..... in nuclear physics terms ..then I thought I’d buy this for the cradle and use my old iPhone 8, for Navigation or as a digital speedo.
My phone/phone can remain pocketed away safely.

Attachments

• FEC7AC68-9E38-4A1C-8CE0-4265013B04EB.jpg
    FEC7AC68-9E38-4A1C-8CE0-4265013B04EB.jpg
    167.6 KB · Views: 603
Arkon sell 'waterproof zip in' motorcycle phone cases for various phones with a clear front and ram ball on the back and a cable entry point.
I bought one and used in conjuction with a short ram arm and ram mirror base mount and a charging lead, the case is padded inside to prevent damage to auto focus phone camera's too. When leaving the bike unattended remove your fully charged phone and pocket it. Remove case and ram arm in seconds and pop it in top box. The mirror base ram ball could also be used for camera mount too.
The case 'window' is similar to a tank bag and can operate the touch screen without removing phone from case, (without gloves on when stopped). You can see phone for navigation and angle it, portrait/landscape, I use my Nav 6 for route planning and then Google maps on phone for short diversions to something unplanned for.
My S20 phone remains secure, dry and dust free, camera not damaged through vibration, always fully charged, visible when riding, close to TFT so always connects.
Incidentally I've recently discovered a battery bank can power the Packtalk whilst it's being used ! on long journeys using nav, music from phone, talking to passenger or Pack in DMC the battery wouldn't last a whole day. Just put battery bank in top pocket on jacket, short lead to charging port on underside of headset, plug in which will turn Packtalk off but it can then be switched back on again and run for days if need be.
b32b6dbf88eb79df948db387d82dbddb.jpg
5dde623f89c9e707d134181947b275b0.jpg
90306cf896bb3abe141b613910023c00.jpg

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

A6K-3047129-7061-X2.jpg

Those quadlock stick on pads are very good, i have one on a stanav that i do not have the motorcycle kit for. Also they do a car kit so you can use your, phone or sat nav.
I also purchased a pushbike quadlock mount - brilliant!

Same as a few other, this is my setup:

Attachments

• IMG_4785.jpg
    IMG_4785.jpg
    246.8 KB · Views: 481
  • IMG_4790.jpg
    IMG_4790.jpg
    248.5 KB · Views: 469
My iPhone is mounted in an “Ultimate Add-ons” protective case, which is pretty much fully waterproof. It’s attached to the handlebars using Ultimate Add-ons bar mount, fitted in the centre of the bars, between their fixing bolts. The UA case/mount is similar to a RAM fitting, but cheaper, and sits lower, reducing vibrations. Power is from the bike’s accessory socket, using a USB adaptor.

It’s basic, and very secure. The UA case can be opened without taking it off the bike, which makes removing the ‘phone when I leave the bike parked a cinch. The phone screen isn’t obscured by the tankbag, either.

I’m a fan of Ultimate Add-ons kit. Available from all good suppliers, and from Amazon too.

Tom

Remove the Nav cradle and simply replace with either a quad lock or SP mount. Both come with a wireless waterproof charger.

Then use the app of your choice.

With wireless Quadlock charger and anti-vibe mount.

4c1c7ef9d23f1405ae7a94ba6c1ed3de.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom