ACF50 & TFT screen

The certainly promote ACF50 - Williams BMW in Manchester introduced me to the stuff and suggested I used it liberally!

Why use ACF50 when summer is round the corner? :nenau

I use WD40 and a microfiber cloth to clean the TFT screen on my bike, comes up like new. ;)

I'd seen this tip elsewhere, so I thought I'd give it a try. What a mess it made of it, the smearing was worse than the water spots that I was trying to remove.
After several applications of Autoglym Fast Glass, polished off with a microfibre cloth, I finally got rid of all the smearing. Now, after every wash, just wiping it dry with a leather brings it up like new.

BMW warranty department promotes & encourages the use of ACF50 ?

No, they only recommend BMW approved products see manual. They always did.
However I only use BMW sourced virgin fraulein water....

The screen is fine, he’s a bit of a perfectionist and was disappointed with the finish, even though he hadn’t directly applied ACF50, he’ll cover next time. I used a magic cloth and water it it buffed up fine. He covers tyres, brakes etc currently.

Disaster averted.....As you were....

Unfortunatly not,

Rules state all problems must be investigated fully, and a blame applied to which or whoever fits the bill, rightly or wrongly,

that way it ensures the thread can self perpetuate for at least as long as the fokelore can be established :)

I ACF50'd my GSA when it was brand new in 2013, i traded it in 3 and a half years later and got a letter from the guy who bought it saying how impressed he was with its condition. I did mine before it was ever on the road and then a couple of times a year after that and never had any problems. BTW i never washed the bike because it was never that dirty, the ACF saw to that.

Anyone had issues with ACF50 and TFT screen smearing ? Just had a call from chap doing my bike at home......”BMW are aware of the issue, happened to a couple of customers with these new screens”......I was looking forward to getting home and seeing how clean it was......now I’m dreading it. I can only think that either the de-grease stuff or ACF50 has reacted with the covering on the TFT.

Just wondering if anyone had experienced similar ? Is the front of the screen replaceable does anyone know ?

So let me get this right. The guy who is cleaning your bike is aware that BMW are aware of ACF50 causing issues when sprayed on TFT screens yet this 'valeter' still managed to get ACF50 on your screen ? :blast

I jumped ship in March 2017! :beerjug:

I’m sure I’ll be back on one at some point, as my body is falling apart. :comfort

Welcome to my world, after a heart attack in Feb 17 and having 6 stents fitted to my knackered arteries i sold my brand new Z1000SX and it went out the door having less than 800 miles on it. I vowed that was the end of my biking life but recently ive got the urge back again but ive bought the wrong bike a GSXS1000F so once i come back from the IOM TT im going to change again and its more than likely going to be a new GS1250 TE Exclusive. Hense my coming back to this fold.

Welcome to my world, after a heart attack in Feb 17 and having 6 stents fitted to my knackered arteries i sold my brand new Z1000SX and it went out the door having less than 800 miles on it. I vowed that was the end of my biking life but recently ive got the urge back again but ive bought the wrong bike a GSXS1000F so once i come back from the IOM TT im going to change again and its more than likely going to be a new GS1250 TE Exclusive. Hense my coming back to this fold.

Welcome back:thumb2

Glad the ticker plumbing got sorted.

So let me get this right. The guy who is cleaning your bike is aware that BMW are aware of ACF50 causing issues when sprayed on TFT screens yet this 'valeter' still managed to get ACF50 on your screen ? :blast

...hence my immediate post before even getting home and seeing it ! He’s an independent and not working for a multi-million £ dealership - so he hasn’t had the benefit of training with customer service etc...He wont make the same mistake twice.

I like hearing good news..............:beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom