How many people have put 17 inch wheels on their LC?

Arsey of course nobody is interested in fitting 17 inch wheels to a GS or GS type bikes ! Only idiots do...;)
That is why Alphatechnik and Rennkuh are selling these kits or there are GS types bikes like the S1000XR or Multistrada 1260 that no one buys...:D
As for converting a regular GS to a 17 inch front wheel for better tires and quicker steering I would love to try one before spending all the money finding out it being less stable at 120 + and dragging parts because of loosing an inch on the front...
Of course you could always buy an R 1250 R that is too small ( for me at least),has not much ground clearance riding hard and a conventional fork (yuk)...but a good bike for women and men with short...legs;)

Of course it is less stable. You have less gyroscopic effect on each wheel.

But - fitting carbon fibre wheels to the likes of the SX or Multi - doesn’t immediately render them unridable.

Arsey of course nobody is interested in fitting 17 inch wheels to a GS or GS type bikes ! Only idiots do...;)
That is why Alphatechnik and Rennkuh are selling these kits or there are GS types bikes like the S1000XR or Multistrada 1260 that no one buys...:D
As for converting a regular GS to a 17 inch front wheel for better tires and quicker steering I would love to try one before spending all the money finding out it being less stable at 120 + and dragging parts because of loosing an inch on the front...
Of course you could always buy an R 1250 R that is too small ( for me at least),has not much ground clearance riding hard and a conventional fork (yuk)...but a good bike for women and men with short...legs;)

In a previous post of yours, which I can’t be bothered to look for, you said that “loads” on this very forum have changed to a 17” front wheel.

So far, only two people here have done it. So I hope that Alphatechnik or Rennkuh aren’t relying on UKGSER for an income. ;)

17 inch wheels / 320 mm front rotor conversions are popular in Germany for obvious reasons...quicker steering,sportier tires and better brakes.
I'm just afraid that it comes with too big of a price as in high speed stability and too much loss of ground clearance.
Therefore I wish for a 17 inch version done right from the factory with the right geometry and no loss of ground clearance.Especially if you spend another 3 grand you want to have it done right and of course 150-160 hp to make it real fun...:thumb

Therefore I wish for a 17 inch version done right from the factory with the right geometry and no loss of ground clearance.Especially if you spend another 3 grand you want to have it done right and of course 150-160 hp to make it real fun...:thumb

You’ve led yourself neatly - to the S1000XR.

Blackal the S1000XR almost made me abandon my religion as it is for me the best/most fun to ride street bike :thumby:
But then the 1250 came and I could restist as I love T-L and shaftdrive...:D
Next spring I will get tempted again as the all new shiftcam S1000XR will come out...I must resist ;)

I love shaft drive and especially Telelever. I also love quicker steering and sports rubber. I don’t want less ground clearance. My solution: a 1250 GS Rallye basic with RT wheels & discs and Ohlins TTX suspension, adjusted to give same clearance as 19” front.

Virtually the same cost as a TE but handles so much better. I then got carried away and had a load of bits painted matching white or powder coated black, then fitted a full Remus system with decat headers. Just waiting for some spare time to go and visit Geoff. It’s a keeper!!

I love shaft drive and especially Telelever. I also love quicker steering and sports rubber. I don’t want less ground clearance. My solution: a 1250 GS Rallye basic with RT wheels & discs and Ohlins TTX suspension, adjusted to give same clearance as 19” front.

Virtually the same cost as a TE but handles so much better. I then got carried away and had a load of bits painted matching white or powder coated black, then fitted a full Remus system with decat headers. Just waiting for some spare time to go and visit Geoff. It’s a keeper!!

It certainly will be better.

Motorrad Central sorted it all out and have been superb!!

Ah - the same who rubbished the idea of me ordering a GS with basic suspension with the idea of fitting Wilbers or Ohlins........

But maybe that was just one salesman......

I speak as I find. I’ve had 3 GS’s from them, rather than give business to my local dealer after poor service there. David, the Manager, & Tony the Service Manager, went out of their way to accommodate all that I was looking for. The bike ended up in so many bits during the process, it looked like it had been delivered in kit form!!

I then got carried away and had a load of bits painted matching white or powder coated black, then fitted a full Remus system with decat headers. Just waiting for some spare time to go and visit Geoff. It’s a keeper!!

You do know that Motorrad Central are now a Hilltop agent...? I've had both my X-Country and my LC flashed there.

I do but I have been to Geoff’s with 4 bikes previously and prefer the Dyno run followed by individual tweaks. Geoff won’t have a generic map for mine as the Remus headers have only just been released and mine has no flap, unlike the Akrapovic.

I didn’t. I don’t think I go fast enough for it to bother me. Certainly don’t notice it. Also wanted to keep it fairly standard so I can revert back to original for when I buy a 1250.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi guys,
i'm thinking of doing this to my TB. I've been looking at wheels and found that the offset on std gs wheels is 32.5mm and 46.5 on the wider alloy. To my mind this would mean the wider alloy wheel would line up correctly if it had a 14mm spacer disc between the wheel and hub. Is this correct and how you see it, or am i getting it back to front??
stu

Hi guys,
i'm thinking of doing this to my TB. I've been looking at wheels and found that the offset on std gs wheels is 32.5mm and 46.5 on the wider alloy. To my mind this would mean the wider alloy wheel would line up correctly if it had a 14mm spacer disc between the wheel and hub. Is this correct and how you see it, or am i getting it back to front??
stu

Too technical for me sorry. i just put mine on and ride it. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom