BMW radiator guards

DC

Reaction score
i quite like these Guards https://www.bahnstormer.co.uk/product/bmw-radiator-guards/ and wanted to know if they would fit a 2018 GSA, "of course they will, no problem the helpful assistant at Barnstormer told me. But they didn't ! after looking into them they fit a GS1200 2017 and a 1250 2019! they are a std feature on the GS 1200 Rallye but not on the GSA 1200 rallye !

So having liked the price at £35, the "lightweighness" of them and the look of them , I made them fit .

Quite a straightforward job, Remove the plastic cowling surrounding the radiator, trim the new cover guard at the top by removing two lugs, Offer up to rad, great fit. They have shoulders down each side, when the outer cowling is held up and bolted back on, these shoulders are then pinned against the rad to hold them in place, You need to trim the shoulders a little were the lugs on the back go the cowling need to go past to slot into place . Re fix with the three holding bolts , repeat for other side. job done. hopefully will hold up against small stones piercing the rad and costing me ££££s

from what I can see, these will go straight onto the 2017 GS no adjusting anywhere .

Can only think they must have used a different rad on the GSA 2018 from the 2017

5fd5nIt.jpg

top lugs removed here
sfExXS9.jpg

std cowling of the rad
TzeWfEt.jpg

KKXwDU8.jpg

zESNbCl.jpg

job done
HzZmkUw.jpg

I had them on my 2017 GS, and they only cost £25 then! More recently I bought another set - the part number seemed to have changed and the price had gone up to £35, but they fitted my 1250 GS without needing any mods.

Exactly the guys, the labels and the website say your models.....hence my call to the dealership to enquire if they would fit the 2018 GSA? They say yes straight fit......but they don’t ! So they must have made a mod from 2017 to 2018 but gone back to it for the 1250 !

Got a 2018 model GSA , they fit with a very small amount of modification to the mounting lugs

But I thought BMW stated that radiator guards shouldn't be fitted as they cause overheating issues:rob

Back
Top Bottom