1200 Rallye Sport

wozzer

Reaction score
Picked up my new (to me) 1200 Rallye Sport yesterday from Vines Guildford.
First impressions, having last had a Gs about 15 years ago.
Mini screen will need an upgrade
Rear brake pedal too low/small
Gear selector too short for my size 12's
Lots of buttons to change things that weren't on my 1150! That manual will be well thumbed!
One piece bench seat is hard, and at the edges.
Indicator switch is a bit tiny for my gorilla fingers, liked the old gs ones
Gear change quickshifter is weird to get used to, not smooth at low speeds
Cruise control on a bike!

All that being said, LOVED THE RIDE HOME!
It's like a giant supermoto, handling fantastic, great engine, still got that boxer "feel" like the 1150, but just tremendous. Happy man. :thumb2

Live with the small screen for a bit... I’ve got mine bob on for clean airflow around my helmet.....

Ref GSAP - mine is grim in 1-2-3 but when on the beans 4-5-6 are super smooth....

Oh yes, and hill start, keep stalling it!

We all do at the beginning, you have to give it some good throttle at takeoff..............:D I have size 12,s you will get used to the brake and gear shift give it a bit of time, keep the small screen for summer it is really nice in the heat.

Live with the small screen for a bit... I’ve got mine bob on for clean airflow around my helmet.....

Ref GSAP - mine is grim in 1-2-3 but when on the beans 4-5-6 are super smooth....

Beans it is then!

We all do at the beginning, you have to give it some good throttle at takeoff..............:D I have size 12,s you will get used to the brake and gear shift give it a bit of time, keep the small screen for summer it is really nice in the heat.

I'll see how I go. You can get extenders can't you so I may do eventually.

Try the GSA version rear brake pedal with it's optional folding tip/extension, it's a direct swap (Genuine BMW parts) and makes a useful difference, sorry no pics :(

did you not test ride it to find these faults before purchase? Top bike you have there,easy to customise to suit ones needs ..ride and enjoy

No! I just wanted a Gs, don't care about the bits and pieces, overall love the bike. I'm an impulsive bugger, with no time to test ride, just trust my instincts most of the time!

Sw motech gear lever a good mod, and it looks great on the rallye

Dave:thumby:

Going to pick my rallye 1200 up tomorrow, pending test ride and described condition.
Very excited, my 1150 went 3 weeks ago now and I'm missing riding.

I hope the test ride went well and you're now a fellow Rallye owner!

Indeed I am, love the bike. 200 mile ride home from bahnstormers in Alton.
Must admit I'm missing my old 1150 light switch, side light and ON
This new fangled thing has 3 1/2 pages in the manual for operating the lights :beer:

And my old rallye 2 pro jacket (blue) has been waiting along time for this bike to appear :aidan

Just need to get some crash bars fitted now.

I found the MRA screen best for me on the Rallye for the summer for buffet free airflow and an Adventure screen best over winter Bike came with standard LC screen not the short one.
I got the matching blue crash bars from Motor works think they are SW motech easy to fit and look the part.
Over 10000 miles on mine stonking bike.

Good news. Like you I miss the old indicators/lights but love the new handling/engine.

Back
Top Bottom