Lowerd suspension

pitrat101

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Has anyone lowered a 2012 TC? I'm on a sergeant low seat and still uncomfortable with the bike at stand still. Still on tip toe. Does it handle different? I think I've sourced a full set up, but open to offers if anyone got the stuff lying around. Also would uprating the spring be a good idea? I like the bike too much to Px for a 1250rs and to be frank at 14 grand I'd rather drop the bike by 30mm first.

I use 30mm lowered Wilbers on a 2012 TC GS + Standard Sergeant seat ( in the high position at the front).
The bike feels very planted and I can flat foot it in the 2 helmet position. (32" inside leg)

I'm only a 28 inside leg so sounds like low seat and low suspension would do the job.

I changed my 2011 TC from a lowered to standard. So I have low suspension, side & centre stands and original lower saddle sitting in my garage doing nothing.

PM if you're interested.

Send from somewhere, sometime, somehow...

Anyone know the length of the standard rear shock and the low shock? Possibly looking at Wilber's set up so want to get right height set up.

I’ve just gone back to the standard seat after using a Sargent Low for a couple of years and can’t really tell much difference height wise. The standard is narrower than the Sargent when it comes to reaching the ground at standstill. The standard seat is feeling more comfortable than the Sargent too, though I haven’t done a big distance. Where your weight goes on the Sargent Low, there’s only about half an inch of foam against a couple of inches on the standard.
My route will be Wilbers WESA -30mm if and when something leaks on the standard WP setup, though it would nice if the WP’s could be modded to -30mm.
2011 TC

Back
Top Bottom