1100GS 1998 possible side stand switch

donkeydoo

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Last two times out on the old girl she has stalled at traffic lights once on each outing, ignition lights all on and the symptoms exactly the same as if trying to start with the side stand down.

Today visited a friend and went to leave got to the end of the drive and the same thing. Ignition lights all on but dead at the starter button, I opened the fuel cap, closed it put the side stand down and then up waited about a minute and she fired up and I rode the 70 miles home with no symptoms and probs at all.

Could this possibly be an iffy or dirty side stand switch?

Cheers all in advance

OK have started her up this morning started first time no probs at all and if I put the side stand down starts when raised no probs.

What I have found that if I put it in gear and try to start with the clutch in nothing at all,lights on dash are on but nothing on the start button and when put back into neutral starts again albeit after a few trys.

Going to bite the bullet and order a new clutch sensor as they are not too much and see if it fixes the problemo.

One question I have is it possible to do this with the tank on or is it a tank off job and any tips?

Cheers again all

Tank off. Connector is on left hand side of the bike.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Cheers guys for the replies,

A bit of a pig getting the old clutch switch off, but new one fitted and hey presto she now starts in gear again.....

Back
Top Bottom