Standard exhaust?

ymfb

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Several years ago I swapped my standard exhaust silencer for a Yoshimura and I’m now putting the standard back on ready for p/x.

There is a heat shield and it looks to me that I’m missing some special perhaps large square nutsthat go under the retaining bits.

Anyone know exactly what it is I’m missing?

Attachments

• D8380A0C-5B56-4F00-B75E-E751D14E55C8.jpg
    D8380A0C-5B56-4F00-B75E-E751D14E55C8.jpg
    238.1 KB · Views: 624
  • D0399AE6-2178-4046-AEB1-B20206FB5104.jpg
    D0399AE6-2178-4046-AEB1-B20206FB5104.jpg
    240.5 KB · Views: 619
Are they not spring steel clips that are threaded on the inside to accept the retaining screws ? They just slip over the mounting and if you look at the first pic you can see the outline of the clip in the surface of the metal.

Swap them back off the Yoshi, they would have been transferred when it was fitted, so not lost. it is a square spring clip with a thread

Thanks guys, the link piece from the Yoshi had the spring clips that were so dirty I hadn’t spotted them.

Job jobbed.

There is one last job, which I will leave until the last possible time and that’s taking the Corbin dual seat off and refit the original.

Hi
Jumped on this thread as I am curious as to the Yoshimura that I have purchased second hand, all is good with the silencer. link pipe and spring clips and supports etc all available and simple to fit. My question since you have had a Yoshi is in regards to the heat shield. I thought it might have come with one like the Akrapovic has (carbon effect or something) but it hasn't. So still looking to an answer which might it be that you fit the original heat shield that came of the factory original silencer. Can any one enlighten me, or should my report card read once more (try harder).

Hi
Jumped on this thread as I am curious as to the Yoshimura that I have purchased second hand, all is good with the silencer. link pipe and spring clips and supports etc all available and simple to fit. My question since you have had a Yoshi is in regards to the heat shield. I thought it might have come with one like the Akrapovic has (carbon effect or something) but it hasn't. So still looking to an answer which might it be that you fit the original heat shield that came of the factory original silencer. Can any one enlighten me, or should my report card read once more (try harder).

I bought mine new and it said to reuse the OEM heat shield. :)

Thanks Daggerit, would you perchance still have a copy of said fitting instructions. I managed to find a PDF of the can info but it does not mention the fitting, just a parts diagram type explanation.

I can try to dig them out, but I've also just noticed that there's two types. The R-77 link pipe section fits differently than my Heptaforce version, so it would be good to look them up to see which one you have if you don't know off the top of your head as that will make a difference. The main thing is that the R-77 doesn't use a heat shield but the Heptaforce does.

Are they not spring steel clips that are threaded on the inside to accept the retaining screws ? They just slip over the mounting and if you look at the first pic you can see the outline of the clip in the surface of the metal.

Delboy is right - I may have some....................

Back
Top Bottom