R1200lc off road

GB.

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Don’t know if this is the correct section but I couldn’t find what I wanted on my phone. Want to get over to the Peak District this weekend. Firstly does anyone know of a campsite, tried google and my usual ones like the miners standard and they are full? Secondly anyone got any bigbike friendly trail routes In gpx format in that area.

Thanks in advance

There is a campsite at hulme end with pub nearby that doesn't take bookings.

You can do much of the TET on a big bike in the peaks going as far north as Huddersfield if you can handle a big bike then you should be fine on 3 shires but I would descend Cumberland cottage it's deteriorated somewhat.
Macclesfield old Road is a good lane.....this assumes you have tkc80 or equal on.

Thanks, skill level is a debatable thing, done some training with ABT in Norfolk, probably BMW level 3 now. Where can I find gpx files?

Campsite sorted, thank you. Just got to sort some routes and thats the bank holiday sorted.

Cheers again, this is why I love this forum. Sensible replies one day, total bullshit the next

I'd offer to come and join you but planning to be away with family that weekend.

Make sure you visit Wetton mill. The lane near it has TRO on it for repairs but the cafe is in a lovely spot the river.

Back
Top Bottom