My new 1250 rallye BROKEDOWN

The batt issue manifests itself on hot starts only generally. Ask them if they have checked for a sticking pressure relief valve. It may not be obvious as it sticks intermittently. If the cylinder stops on a compression stroke on the sticking side the starter can’t overcome the pressure. Hence why it’s random and not temp dependant as it has to be on the right stroke on the problem cylinder at the same time as the valve chooses to stick.

They have tested everything except the relay for starterengine but 80 km tonight and started every time, lets cross fingers :-D

Small update, they tested and changed a lot of stuff and among others a new starterengine and the speed now is totally different, starts up directly cold or warm. I hope it stays this way because I love the bike otherwise :okay

Small update, they tested and changed a lot of stuff and among others a new starterengine and the speed now is totally different, starts up directly cold or warm. I hope it stays this way because I love the bike otherwise :okay

Mines been ok since the battery was changed, so yes fingers crossed thats it !

Mine did this the other day. It started fine from cold but after a couple of miles it flashed up a tyre pressure warning, I’d just checked them but stopped anyway thinking it might be a puncture. Nothing wrong so carried on to destination, 7 miles in total. Came back to bike after 10 mins and wouldn’t turn over, every time I tried it threw up another error message. Phoned Bmw and arranged recovery, after an hour I thought I’d try it and it fired straight up. Rode back home with no more errors. I’ve put it on charge and will see what happens. It’s due a service so I’ll mention it then. I phoned Bmw recovery at 3pm and at 5.30 I got a message saying they were aiming to get to me for 7 but to expect a delay as they were busy!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine did this the other day. It started fine from cold but after a couple of miles it flashed up a tyre pressure warning, I’d just checked them but stopped anyway thinking it might be a puncture. Nothing wrong so carried on to destination, 7 miles in total. Came back to bike after 10 mins and wouldn’t turn over, every time I tried it threw up another error message. Phoned Bmw and arranged recovery, after an hour I thought I’d try it and it fired straight up. Rode back home with no more errors. I’ve put it on charge and will see what happens. It’s due a service so I’ll mention it then. I phoned Bmw recovery at 3pm and at 5.30 I got a message saying they were aiming to get to me for 7 but to expect a delay as they were busy!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It wont go away, get it sorted.The only consolation is that it starts after about 40 mins or so, very annoying all the same !

May 2019 1250 GSA 5K miles.

Been bitten by the battery gremlins. Just before lockdown I suffered the flat battery. I put it down to first ride after winter and 2 starts in quick succession over about 6 miles. Jump start and then on the Optimate.
Saturday 4th saw its first 40 mile run since lockdown (we've been shielding). Tank of juice all good.
Today (6th) service booked 35 miles away. Start up bike stalled for no reason. Press starter nothing. Ign off and on then start up.
Rode 35 miles stopped at garage to grab a coffee. Battery sluggish and kept cutting out. Which is exactly what it did pre lockdown.
Dealer 2 mile down road so came to my assistance. Jump start.
New battery fitted. Exide changed to a 'cant remember what they said'.

The other issue was that the rubber band that comes from the top of the battery and hooks on near the bottom had perished away at all its mounting points after just a year. How strange. New one on order.

Back
Top Bottom