My new 1250 rallye BROKEDOWN

Tyzer

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
On a tour around Wales stopped at the Menai bridge fucking thing wont start.BMW assist on their way.Not Happy ,2300 miles new on 14th August !

Blimey. Have you tried the key under the seat trick?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine did the same thing, called sos and never heard back from them:blast manage to get it going myself after about an hour or so. Bikes booked in for diagnostic test next week. I have a suspicion it’s the starter switch that’s dodgy.

Acted like the battery was nearly flat and second time it happened no power at all. After leaving it for a while whilst speaking to sos (see above) then pulling off the battery cover and checking connections etc, tried again and it started. I’ve had the issue where it struggle to turn the motor over about 6 or so times, but it’s always started on the second try.

Blimey. Have you tried the key under the seat trick?

Have you tried the 'sell it and buy a KTM' Trick ..... ?? :nenau

:D

(Hope you get it sorted .. ) :thumb

Be interesting to see if it's related to a starter solenoid issue. Aprilia RSVs used to do the same thing. Fix was to install a higher rated (150A) solenoid. Be interested to learn what rating BMW uses on the 1250.

Happened to me within a month having the bike. Dealer took it in. New battery!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine did the same thing, called sos and never heard back from them:blast manage to get it going myself after about an hour or so. Bikes booked in for diagnostic test next week. I have a suspicion it’s the starter switch that’s dodgy.

Acted like the battery was nearly flat and second time it happened no power at all. After leaving it for a while whilst speaking to sos (see above) then pulling off the battery cover and checking connections etc, tried again and it started. I’ve had the issue where it struggle to turn the motor over about 6 or so times, but it’s always started on the second try.
Just about to go and find a pub when I tried it 1 last time and the thing started ! 180 mile home but only 99 miles of fuel so thought fuck it head for our next destination which was Betws-y-Coed fill up and if it doesn't start not a bad place and wait for recovery.Started ok so set off home rode none stop,put it in garage and started it now there's an error message " Spring strut adjustment faulty" .It was just the same as yours ,as if the battery was flat and it flashed up a few different error messages .Thank the Lord it wasn't yesterday when we were in some quite remote areas !

On a tour around Wales stopped at the Menai bridge fucking thing wont start.BMW assist on their way.Not Happy ,2300 miles new on 14th August !

14th June not August !!

Some are saying, dirt and mud on the wheel speed sensor needs to be cleaned off.
I thought these things were supposed to go off road , not that it has got plenty of sheep shit on it mind you !

Back
Top Bottom