Traveller in Ethiopia with leaking oil filler

Get a second hand set from Motoworks..

I would like to understand first what could have happened to existing rocker cover? Can they warp? Doesn’t look to me like it’s worn at the filler seat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dr F that's just the seat and plug: what BMW were saying was that the ROCKER COVER needed replacing at the same time which is what baffled me.

If it was mine I'd be inclined to ignore the dealer, take out the little assembly myself to see what's going on. It's dead easy. I'd hazard a guess that the seat is damaged... rather than being oval/warped/ buggered rocker cover. For example, you might have had old O-rings that we'r causing the leak and just needed replacing, but a heavy handed mechanic damaged the seat when removing the old one?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Dr F that's just the seat and plug: what BMW were saying was that the ROCKER COVER needed replacing at the same time which is what baffled me.

I think i would be fitting the whole plastic assembley when you get it back home and seeing where it goes from there

Never mind replacing the rocker cover until you check what the new bits will do

I think i would be fitting the whole plastic assembley when you get it back home and seeing where it goes from there

Never mind replacing the rocker cover until you check what the new bits will do
I thought that's what had been done but it still leaked?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Nothing replaced since new o rings in Nairobi...just silicone to secure the seat, done in Jeddah.

Will monitor.

Thanks for advice.

Back
Top Bottom