Abba Skylift

Jersey_GS

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Recently at Motorcycle live one of the few things to impress me was the Abba Sky lift.

I'm fairly tired of crawling around under my bike when working on it so fairly keen to take the plunge and order one, however they don't seem to do one for the older pre 2013 GSA.

Mines a 2006 GSA am i right in saying there are no adaptors for the older model?, is it the way the frame is presented on the older bikes??
Cant see any for the RnineT either. :nenau

Nope, when you select manufacturer BMW then select model the only options are mainly, post 2013 bikes

Yeah its where the stand plugs into the frame the newer bikes must be different, I was hoping someone on here might know if im wrong.

Try an Eazyrizer Big Red or Big Blue, same principle but infinitely configurable for different bikes :nenau

Try an Eazyrizer Big Red or Big Blue, same principle but infinitely configurable for different bikes :nenau

Thanks Oblertone both look good and a good alternative, but they dont list one specific to my bike.

I saw it to, is a good bit of kit. I did ask them about older Bmw's. It was to do with the fact the shaft is on the other side so the strap which allows you to adjust the angle of the bike had nothing to fix to. I guess if you have a GSA you may be able to attach it somehow to the pannier frames, or may be able to get something made on a lathe that inserts into the hole in the wheel centre. Would mean the wheel would have to stay on though. He did say it would fit but I'd have to be creative to be able to adjust it.

Last edited:
Thanks Oblertone both look good and a good alternative, but they dont list one specific to my bike.

They're very helpful on the phone and the apparatus can be configured for most bikes; have a chat with them.

I saw it to, is a good bit of kit. I did ask them about older Bmw's. It was to do with the fact the shaft is on the other side so the strap which allows you to adjust the angle of the bike had nothing to fix to. I guess if you have a GSA you may be able to attach it somehow to the pannier frames, or may be able to get something made on a lathe that inserts into the hole in the wheel centre. Would mean the wheel would have to stay on though. He did say it would fit but I'd have to be creative to be able to adjust it.

What your saying does make sense will have a think about it, however I cant believe a manufacturer of bike lifts cant come up with a solution for such a popular bike leaving the punter to be creative to make it fit seems a bit crap. I will give them a shout too but if i have to fanny around to make it fit the Easyrizer might be the solution.

Thanks for your reply ;)

Recently at Motorcycle live one of the few things to impress me was the Abba Sky lift.

I'm fairly tired of crawling around under my bike when working on it so fairly keen to take the plunge and order one, however they don't seem to do one for the older pre 2013 GSA.

Mines a 2006 GSA am i right in saying there are no adaptors for the older model?, is it the way the frame is presented on the older bikes??
Cant see any for the RnineT either. :nenau

Yes Abba do the fittings for later bikes. I've had them for my R9T for several years now. Always purchased from the bike show.

Fittings might be the same for your GS.
a07d0c225cfc375039da85fa66749087.jpg
15b81e6c12c66932b888d7105b02e69b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the Skylift shares the same Fitting System as the Bike Stand then there are Fittings within their Range which will work.
I have the Bike Stand and Technicians' Kit which contains numerous different Fittings.
In the Instructions it states that it may be a case of "Best Fit" where specific Fittings aren't available.
I haven't yet had cause to use it on my GSA, but I've just been and had a look to see if there are any in the Kit which would be suitable and there is certainly one for the Near Side.
I'll have a proper look tomorrow and let you know which Codes best suit the Bike if that helps at all?

If the Skylift shares the same Fitting System as the Bike Stand then there are Fittings within their Range which will work.
I have the Bike Stand and Technicians' Kit which contains numerous different Fittings.
In the Instructions it states that it may be a case of "Best Fit" where specific Fittings aren't available.
I haven't yet had cause to use it on my GSA, but I've just been and had a look to see if there are any in the Kit which would be suitable and there is certainly one for the Near Side.
I'll have a proper look tomorrow and let you know which Codes best suit the Bike if that helps at all?

Hi Billyboxer6 thanks for the reply yes that will help :thumb what year is your GSA pre 2013?

Back
Top Bottom