Hi From South Yorkshire

lockwood1956

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi all
Was the owner of a 2013 90th anniversary R1200R till some little scroates decided to help themselves to it, awaiting pay out from insurance company. I have placed a deposit on a 2015 R1200GS TE and will be picking it up in the New Year when I have arranged different security measures (mine was steering locked, disk locked, alarmed and immobilised)

The R1200R was my first BMW (riding since 1973) and I loved the bike. The rationale for the new bike was that I wanted to upgrade in year and spec, so that at least something nice came from my recent experiences. I've never had a bike stolen before (have had cars taken) and I was not prepared for the level of devastation it left me with. I will post elsewhere for advice and guidance on security measures others may have taken

I'm 63, Director of Training for a large driving school (600 instructors) and am looking forward to retirement when I will be able to ride more. Have other half (engaged) who isn't keen on biking (she is a radiologist so has seen a lot of smashed up bikers, but she is getting better. I'm an advanced rider, passing both RoSPA and IAM for the bike and am currently training as a national observer with IAM.

Looking forward to reading the many posts here and maybe someday contributing

Regards
Bob

Greetings & welcome to the forum....:thumby:

Sorry to hear of the scrotes nicking your bike (I hope they contract a debilitating & painful condition), but enjoy your new one when it arrives :D

Welcome Bob .... I'm from Doncaster :blast

Presently upon in Scotland with the Campervan though :D

There's a few of us in the Donny area meet up for a bier and eats on a fairly regular basis, usually up at the White Hart at Wadsworth :thumby:

:beerjug:

Hi Bob....we never got to meet up on the R1200R forum....maybe we will on this one. Great choice of bike. I have very fond memories of my R but the GSA just feels much more like ‘the one’

See you somewhere
Glenn

Hi, sorry to hear your woes, friends had theirs stolen just up the road near Brigg. Do think your old bike was processed at the travellers site just off the M18 ?

Hope you can sufficiently upgrade your security to put them off returning.

Back
Top Bottom