stuck in ‘limp mode’

Flaming T

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Went out yesterday for a 100 mile loop.... no issues, ran like a dream (2014 GSA). This morning I get the bike out of garage to clean it. No issues there either. Sprayed a little ACF50 on the main engine parts then started her up as you do.

Walked back into the garage and heard the revs start to build to about 2000 rpm. Walked back to bike and saw the engine 1 warning light on (limp home mode). Why the hell has that happened :nenau..... anyone any ideas before I open the wallet up to BMW. (BTW, this has nothing to do with the service light on... that’s just the reminder).

Your thoughts are appreciated.

Attachments

• 4FB25143-DDC5-4E07-B76C-2CD453382CA9.jpg
    4FB25143-DDC5-4E07-B76C-2CD453382CA9.jpg
    159.2 KB · Views: 754
Something got wet that isn't designed to. Did you use a power washer? If this is the case it's likely it'll dry out in a few days and the fault will disappear.

Just used normal garden hose in ‘sprinkler’ fashion but I suppose that could be it. Will see how it is tomorrow but may disconnect battery too for 30 minutes and see if that helps. ����

Amber light just a warning low level fault

Red light major fault - dealer jobbie

You need to start with a diagnostic check to see what fault code is stored.

Had this happen on hols last year, started the bike after lunch. It ran at about 2000 rpm and would not respond to throttle input, turned it off and back on again. All fine and has never happened since.

Back
Top Bottom