Better screen for touring

It was the PUIG deflector, had to be careful drilling the holes in the screen.
In respect to the seat, I raised it, not lowered as it felt like I was too low at the front.

Do you have a link or photo to the Puig deflector. A couple of different types.
I have the puig tinted extended screen.

I went through this exercise a few weeks ago and downloaded a PDF from Puig (see screen shots photos as I don't know how to put PDF link on here). I also have the Puig light tint touring screen and contemplated fitting a matching light tint bolted on visor not the clip on type. The conclusions I came to from the slightly confusing PDF are the in last photo hand written note, please don't take it as gospel and check the information yourself. I was waiting until someone else did it or maybe even get the clip type. I'm unsure whether a bolted on type would get in my 'near line of sight' just in front of the wheel when filtering etc in the rain. At least with the 'clip on' it could easily be removed for Summer use or really heavy traffic. .
189644200f6f4567a49b801c6f8149a1.jpg
356a88462e99076ab1181d4cd8035bf3.jpg
2767f0373db0fa5800cf168cecfb185b.jpg
18341512f7b82b06fd93b200e92c3d2e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I tried a couple of screens on my GS and ended up with a GSA screen from slipscreens with a mra spoiler. Was quite happy with this set up but then i spotted a madstad screen and bracket on ebay going for a song so that went on the morning i went on my hols so i haven't had chance to try it yet but if it's anywhere near as good as the one i had on my tiger it will be good. And if it isn't i'll be quite happy to go back to the last set up.

I came to the conclusion that the Puig Touring Screen was the 'type C' by looking at the shape of the top edge of the screen and comparing it to the PDF drawings. This determines which holes you drill and what part of the template
lines up with the top edge of screen before drilling.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I bought one of these last year for £12, best value for money thing I have bought for any of my motorbikes. Well made.
Fitted to the std LC screen and greatly reduced wind noise etc.
I am 6' tall.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Motorcyc...094326?hash=item2ac8d5fff6:g:2HQAAOSwjBRdQO2e

I have just ordered the same, but tinted from the same seller. It is to go on my Puig extended screen. It is better than the original, but I would like a little more wind deflection. We shall see....

Back
Top Bottom