Fuel Range 1150GS

23 ltr or 32 ltr tank ?

While tootling through Morocco with the Honda C90's i did 360 miles and still had four bars showing on my 32 ltr tank.

I should've carried on just to see how far i could go, but filled up as i was getting fed up waiting at petrol stations while 8 Honda C90's all queued up for petrol. :D

I'm guessing the baby 23 litters :nenau as it's not an Adv.......

What's your bladder range though

Sent from my SM-N950F using Wankatalk

Considerably less than the tank's these days :D

Andres

Have you got a standard size rear wheel on the bike because I fitted a smaller wheel to my old K100 outfit and it took about 15% off the range compared to the standard one so be careful.

It it’s any help I get about 50mpg from my 1150 when riding on motorways, 55 when being nice to it on European A roads and 45 if I ride like a twat so I wouldn’t expect better than 40 from an outfit on standard wheels. I’d fill up at 150 miles if I were you :D

Bring it to the East Midlands breakfast meet tomorrow and you can try my blinged up 501.

Have you got a standard size rear wheel on the bike because I fitted a smaller wheel to my old K100 outfit and it took about 15% off the range compared to the standard one so be careful.

It it’s any help I get about 50mpg from my 1150 when riding on motorways, 55 when being nice to it on European A roads and 45 if I ride like a twat so I wouldn’t expect better than 40 from an outfit on standard wheels. I’d fill up at 150 miles if I were you :D

Bring it to the East Midlands breakfast meet tomorrow and you can try my blinged up 501.

Yeah, 15” back wheel :thumb2

Oh, and you’re defo on! See you tomorrow :)

Andres

I’m going a bit scenic just for a laugh but should be there at about 10am.

My 1150 and 2 1100s didn't achieve the figures suggested so far - more like 140-150 miles to a (standard) tank. That's with the exception of the ex-Steptoe load bike 1100 which was really eager but drank like a navvy with a credit card.
. Ahh yes, I once managed 101 miles on a full tank before the fuel light came on, but by god was it a fast bike, never ridden any other 1100GS like it.

Hasn't anyone done the filler neck mod?
Very easy to do and adds about 1-1.5 litres of capacity.

I’d imagine everyone has done it by now, even if they haven’t i expect all the tanks have been done before the current owners bought the bike. :D

Back
Top Bottom