883 testing the water ...................

peepingtom

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
:rolleyes:

well its my father in law who wants to sell his bike. its basically unused 2001 model with 1700 miles on it. its not been moted for 3 years .im going to give it a clean up as it has a bit of surface rust on the pipes and needs a bit of love. but its basically a nice bike.
he thinks its worth about £4700 . is this realistic ?

2e917007abd72cef3f93f9afc8c82880.jpg
02edf4278a674ccdbe3a1c4e010f37b9.jpg

Dual. :augie

A bit of a naughty covert advert, methinks.

why do you think pointing out spelling and grammar mistakes out is important to you. there's a whole load of stuff on written about people that do it, but would rather hear from the horses mouth (or at least the reason you think you do it) .

there will be an advert one day but I need to clean it first

why do you think pointing out spelling and grammar mistakes out is important to you. there's a whole load of stuff on written about people that do it, but would rather hear from the horses mouth (or at least the reason you think you do it) .

there will be an advert one day but I need to clean it first

If a mistake goes uncorrected, the error persists and extrapolates.
Others see "duel" seat and think that is the correct term.
Much like fork yolks, axles instead of spindles, folk who don't know fork stanchions from sliders, and countless other errors.
Furthermore, if this "selling for someone else" advert hadn't been so poorly camouflaged as a "testing the water" and put in the correct "Spotted a Deal" forum, it wouldn't even have been commented on. :augie

Much like fork yolks, axles instead of spindles, folk who don't know fork stanchions from sliders, and countless other errors.
Furthermore, if this "selling for someone else" advert hadn't been so poorly camouflaged as a "testing the water" and put in the correct "Spotted a Deal" forum, it wouldn't even have been commented on. :augie

Christ what a tedious little man you are.

you still haven't answered why that's important to you. most people probably do notice but no it doesnt matter . I knew when I wrote it down it was wrong but didn't and don't think its important in non formal setting but you do. im still going with the inferiority complex on this.
I was being ironic with testing the water reference as its one of the most pathetic phrases used here. (hence the use of the :rolleyes:) but im guessing you missed the joke.
I do feel a little bit sorry for you :comfort but I think you must like the attention or being called a wanker or whatever.

anyways ill see you in the spotted a deal section soon be sure to keep an eye out :thumb2

For what it’s worth, I think that’s too high. I’ve just bought a ‘98 1200 low miler for £2,800 and not long ago bought a 2003 1200 “Sport” ( the Holy Grail) for £4,250.....but, you may get lucky. Leave it a few months before you try selling it...

For what it’s worth, I think that’s too high. I’ve just bought a ‘98 1200 low miler for £2,800 and not long ago bought a 2003 1200 “Sport” ( the Holy Grail) for £4,250.....but, you may get lucky. Leave it a few months before you try selling it...

Are they sort after because 2003 was an anniversary year?

you still haven't answered why that's important to you. I knew when I wrote it down it was wrong but didn't and don't think its important in non formal setting but you do. im still going with the inferiority complex on this.

Just accept that it is important to me,in any setting, but not to you.
That's your answer.

There's no inferiority complex.
I'm not inferior to anyone or anything.

No..... Twin plug heads, higher compression, hotter cam, different ignition, fully adjustable suspension front and rear, twin discs....

Thanks, that explains it nicely.:beerjug:

Cheers I did think it was high but didn’t know if it was a good year model or popular colour etc . I’ll get it cleaned up get an advert going and see what happens .

Back
Top Bottom