Another rejection thread

I'm just wondering if the question being asked in post #2 is whether you have the same right of rejection when you are on a personal contract plan. I have no idea! Hopefully, you do and, if so, I'd threaten to reject it and wait for them to make an offer.

It is the GS I want, I’m mulling over rejecting this one, buying another new one or, keeping the one I have, get it repaired and then go after compensation and an extended warranty (by the time it’s repaired, 5 months of my warranty will have expired).

100% your warranty should start on delivery day with the new parts. I can’t see bmw not honouring that + something for goodwill. Discounted nav etc

My bikes currently in dealers awaiting the new calipers I was offered a choice of 3 bikes while off road in the end I declined them and ended up with a voucher for £500 to spend at dealership on anything I'm happy bm are sorting things out it's unfortunate but will get sorted.
George r.

Do you realise how much they are? 2 calipers, 2 sets of brake pads and retention pins and clips, you are looking at about £1000.

I got a second hand pair £200 , not fitted as the Hayes don’t leak and are better ... imho of course , sat on my desk looking at me saying why ...

Are you suddenly wanting to ride it? Have you been offerd a loaner? It’s a known problem with a workable fix. Your barking up the wrong tree on this. You seem to have been paying for a bike last 3 months without riding it. Why not try for a payment or two? JJH

a set of black brembos can he had for £100 in good condition, if you want gold your looking at £200.
That said the hayes do have a nice feel to them, so i have no complaints.

if your so set on owning a 1250 gs which it sounds like it, rejection isn't going to achieve a lot. Compensation for waiting for replacement parts sounds like a more sensible option or a loan bike whilst waiting.

Are you suddenly wanting to ride it? Have you been offerd a loaner? It’s a known problem with a workable fix. Your barking up the wrong tree on this. You seem to have been paying for a bike last 3 months without riding it. Why not try for a payment or two? JJH

The dealer has told me it can be rejected. At the moment you are wrong there is no workable fix. Nobody knows if the re-engineered calipers are a fix.

The dealer has told me it can be rejected. At the moment you are wrong there is no workable fix. Nobody knows if the re-engineered calipers are a fix.

If the dealer has told you you can reject it just do it. JJH

It is the GS I want, I’m mulling over rejecting this one, buying another new one or, keeping the one I have, get it repaired and then go after compensation and an extended warranty (by the time it’s repaired, 5 months of my warranty will have expired).[/QUOTE

Give the new calipers a chance if you reject the bike and buy a new one your going to get the exact same updated calipers.

Reject it, and get another one then. :thumb

I did read the post, you said it was financed on a PCP. That means it's rented not purchased.

I see where you're coming from with PCP, but it's still my name on the V5 and all other documentation, not BMW Finance.

Plus, I didn't want to buy a depreciating asset.

Aren't all new bikes depreciating assets - the only difference being at what rate?

Yup. Thankfully BMW seem to be a bit better than others, but if I can avoid it I'd try not to dump cash on a new bike and take the PCP route instead.

Yup. Thankfully BMW seem to be a bit better than others, but if I can avoid it I'd try not to dump cash on a new bike and take the PCP route instead.

But you’re paying even more, as you’re paying interest on the loan, plus the depreciation!

But you’re paying even more, as you’re paying interest on the loan, plus the depreciation!

Unless there’s something I’m missing, you’d still be paying for that if you had a loan. But I pay less over the term than a loan. If I didn’t like changing bikes so often then I would probably do it another way but I barely come to the end of the term when I swap them out generally.

So unless you want to spunk £18k in cash in a bike then PCP is the best option in my eyes, unless you plan on keeping the bike until it does, which would be a bit different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unless there’s something I’m missing, you’d still be paying for that if you had a loan. But I pay less over the term than a loan. If I didn’t like changing bikes so often then I would probably do it another way but I barely come to the end of the term when I swap them out generally.

So unless you want to spunk £18k in cash in a bike then PCP is the best option in my eyes, unless you plan on keeping the bike until it does, which would be a bit different.

If you don’t have the £18k in the bank, and have to get finance, it’s probably six of one and half a dozen of the other. But if you have the cash in the bank, unless they’re doing 0%, there’s no benefit to doing finance, as you’ll be paying the interest on top of the depreciation.

If you don’t have the £18k in the bank, and have to get finance, it’s probably six of one and half a dozen of the other. But if you have the cash in the bank, unless they’re doing 0%, there’s no benefit to doing finance, as you’ll be paying the interest on top of the depreciation.

That’s fair enough because you’d cut out a big chunk of interest. But not a lot of people have that kind of cash just to throw at a bike unfortunately, myself included!

That’s fair enough because you’d cut out a big chunk of interest. But not a lot of people have that kind of cash just to throw at a bike unfortunately, myself included!

Fair enough :thumb

That’s fair enough because you’d cut out a big chunk of interest.

But not a lot of people have that kind of cash just to throw at a bike unfortunately.....myself included!

So you say don’t want to pay cash of £18k on a depreciating asset ...but in reality, you don’t have the £18000 to spend on a GS

So BMW make it easy by offering you a PCP to rent it and cover BMW’s own depreciation cost and add 6.9% interest for the pleasure

So Nutty is right, you are help BMW shift metal, cover their costs of depreciation between A & B and paying an interest cost

Only one winner.......BMW

Back
Top Bottom