Another rejection thread

Stevie900

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
My 1250 GS Rallye TE has done 6 delivery miles. Before delivery, it had a caliper change due to leaking.

It’s now leaking again, there is a re-engineered caliper now available but, it won’t be at the dealers until at least mid April.

Just to confirm, I have never ridden the bike.

What would you guys do, would you reject it? It is financed via a pcp with BMW FS.

If you haven't bought it can you reject it? I would have thought that the first call would be to BMW FS telling them they've been sold a pup and you want to hire a perfect one.

Of course if it's an issue with the US made caliper (are they still mountain bicycle calipers?) they may all be like that until the new spec items arrive.

My 1250 GS Rallye TE has done 6 delivery miles. Before delivery, it had a caliper change due to leaking.

It’s now leaking again, there is a re-engineered caliper now available but, it won’t be at the dealers until at least mid April.

Just to confirm, I have never ridden the bike.

What would you guys do, would you reject it? It is financed via a pcp with BMW FS.

get them to fit a pair of Brembo's PDQ. They should be on stock in the UK.

I think that use of another bike would be reasonable if you're not able to ride yours due to a backlog on parts being replaced. I don't think that they would accept a rejection on the basis that they're fixing things as quickly as possible and that you would then have to wait until the new calipers are on (and leaking) to reject it. I could easily be wrong, but that's what I'd say if I had someone trying to reject a bike while I was about to fix it.

All that said, it's been a while since the initial problem and they've tried swapping for new calipers of the old design with no improvement so that might be grounds? I don't know for sure. If you've been making payments the whole time it's been with the dealership I'd certainly be expecting to have that cash back though!

Finally, are you planning on actually riding it in the snow and floods or do you just want the bike in your garage on principal? I haven't done a lot of riding in the past couple months but I'm more of a fair weather than a lot on here, so I probably wouldn't mind too much if it was in the dealership through winter!

Depends why your rejecting it. If it’s to buy something else I see the point.

If it’s to have a different 1250 which has the same potential issue if the updated parts are not available, what do you gain. If your desperate to ride ask for a loaner. At least your putting road salt and crap on their bike and not your own.

I'd be more tempted to threaten rejection unless compensation was discussed. New helmet maybe?

I'd be more tempted to threaten rejection unless compensation was discussed. New helmet maybe?

Absolutely, treat it as a glass half full moment. Perfect leverage for a bit of customer tlc.

I think thoughts of rejection are premature at this time. The bike has one fault which the manufacturer is working to remedy.

Surely rejection would only come into play if the bike was not fit for purpose. At the moment I'm thinking in terms or 'over reaction'

Perhaps some compensation is more realistic - I once got a BMW Nav 5 for half price when my bike was off the road for several weeks waiting for a warranty job to be completed

If you haven't bought it can you reject it? I would have thought that the first call would be to BMW FS telling them they've been sold a pup and you want to hire a perfect one.

Of course if it's an issue with the US made caliper (are they still mountain bicycle calipers?) they may all be like that until the new spec items arrive.

Please read the post, I have the bike, key word delivered.

I’d reject it.
Why do people put up with such shit ?
It’s a brand new bike and you can’t ride it.But people bang on about the great three year warranty as though that’s a good thing.
It is good but you shouldn’t have to rely on the warranty before you’ve even ridden the bike !
Get rid and buy something you can have confidence in.

I'm shutting up .... :D

Ask for an XR loan bike until its fixed :)

I’d reject it.
It’s a brand new bike and you can’t ride it.But people bang on about the great three year warranty as though that’s a good thing.
It is good but you shouldn’t have to rely on the warranty before you’ve even ridden the bike !

Maybe because he already did his homework and wants a GS and not another brand. Just a hunch but I’m sure the option of a refund is there should he want it.

He’s a victim of timing but at least it’s monsoon season here.

I’d reject it.

You're right, you shouldn't expect problems on a new bike, but sometimes things go wrong and manufacturers then sort the issue(s) out. Here's a few examples of recalls - there is no recall on the brakes yet...

https://moto-recalls.eu/page/2/?s=&orderby=post_date&order=desc

https://car-recalls.co.uk/rolls-royce-uk-recalls-summary/

https://car-recalls.co.uk/bentley-uk-recalls-summary/

https://car-recalls.co.uk/aston-martin-uk-recalls-summary/

If the bike suits your needs and otherwise happy, why would you reject it and accept a lesser bike...?

I think thoughts of rejection are premature at this time. The bike has one fault which the manufacturer is working to remedy.

Surely rejection would only come into play if the bike was not fit for purpose. At the moment I'm thinking in terms or 'over reaction'

Perhaps some compensation is more realistic - I once got a BMW Nav 5 for half price when my bike was off the road for several weeks waiting for a warranty job to be completed

Over reaction, both brake calipers are literally dripping brake fluid, not to mention the safety issue and fit for purpose

Maybe because he already did his homework and wants a GS and not another brand. Just a hunch but I’m sure the option of a refund is there should he want it.

He’s a victim of timing but at least it’s monsoon season here.

It is the GS I want, I’m mulling over rejecting this one, buying another new one or, keeping the one I have, get it repaired and then go after compensation and an extended warranty (by the time it’s repaired, 5 months of my warranty will have expired).

Just fit the Brembo`s yourself.....Job done.

Back
Top Bottom