R1100GS swingarm bearing play

West coast gser

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Was doing a FD oil change earlier today and was checking the bearing for play ,anyhoo when I was pushing/pulling wheel I could feel a bit of play coming from the front of swingarm I reckon its the front bearings can these be adjusted like the rear FD/paralever bearings ? Ive done a search on here but cant find any posts .. cheers

I am pretty sure there's quite a bit on here about this, a couple of tutorials too if I recall.

I suggest you keep searching - also I've bumped it up because someone will remember where to find this info.

OK, change your search from swingarm bearing, to paralever bearing, and the world will reveal itself!

I am pretty sure there's quite a bit on here about this, a couple of tutorials too if I recall.

I suggest you keep searching - also I've bumped it up because someone will remember where to find this info.

Hmm.. its the front swingarm to gearbox case bearing not the paralever/fd bearings, cant find any posts ..??

Try a re-torque, 105nm for the fixed and locknut and 7nm or there about for the idler pin. If that doesn't work the bearings aren't too expensive from the likes of James Sherlock.

You might need some heat on there if a previous owner has gone mad with the Loctite !

Back
Top Bottom