R1250 GS Oil Leak?

Snelly55

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi,

My bike has been sat unused for the best part of a month apart from one short run to do an errand. A couple of weeks ago, I went to get the bike out and found an oil leak, albeit minor, at the front of the engine. Here are a couple of pics to show the drip forming and secondly, to show how much oil is leaking - the pic shows 10-12 days of drips worth.

It is booked into Allan Jeffries to be examined and fixed, or at least it was until they closed due to Corvid-19. I haven't ridden it since but am keen to. Any ideas as to what might be amiss with it and if there may be any simple fixes to try? Thanks in advance for any assistance.

IMG_7924.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]

However tempting it is to want to tweak or fix yourself....

With where we are today.... DONT!

leave it until the mothership can collect, diagnose & fix

not going out could save a life ....

do as your told! ;)

Looks like they haven't done the thingamebob up properly.

Mine developed a leak out of the oil pressure relief valve. This is located just below the oil filter. A new crush washer sorted it, although I had it done under warranty.

f862f50cc91bf37d96de399d73934e76.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's never ending with these 1250's

Unless you are using your bike for much needed shopping or to get to your essential place of work, I'm afraid that going out for a ride on your bike is now classed as non-essential transport!

Pity 'cos the roads are empty and the weather is brilliant....but rules is rules!

I know , never ending no problems with mine , oh I wish something would go wrong , I abuse it well so i'm sure its going to happen soon , that will make me happy.....

Ive had a couple of issues with mine,it wouldnt start and the fuel cap had to be replaced because it wouldn't open. I have lost some confidence in the bike ,even now it starts ok when cold but when hot it seems to struggle to turn over sometimes.I don't ride in the winter so just as the weather improves we can't go out anyway !

There's more to worry about than riding your bike I guess .

Ive had a couple of issues with mine,it wouldnt start and the fuel cap had to be replaced because it wouldn't open. I have lost some confidence in the bike ,even now it starts ok when cold but when hot it seems to struggle to turn over sometimes.I don't ride in the winter so just as the weather improves we can't go out anyway !

There's more to worry about than riding your bike I guess .
Very true , but it’s not only the 1250 , I blew a1200 up , a gear box , clutch , front wheel , drive shaft .
Oh and my riding mate blew his up a 100 mph , we both still love our Bmw s and now the 1250 is here even more .
All 5 have upgraded to the 1250 from the 1200 and would not change back , only common criticism would be the new suspension , the older , I think pre 17 was the best . I changed to Tractive

Hi,

My bike has been sat unused for the best part of a month apart from one short run to do an errand. A couple of weeks ago, I went to get the bike out and found an oil leak, albeit minor, at the front of the engine. Here are a couple of pics to show the drip forming and secondly, to show how much oil is leaking - the pic shows 10-12 days of drips worth.

It is booked into Allan Jeffries to be examined and fixed, or at least it was until they closed due to Corvid-19. I haven't ridden it since but am keen to. Any ideas as to what might be amiss with it and if there may be any simple fixes to try? Thanks in advance for any assistance.

IMG_7924.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]

Not having 'the whole picture', it sure looks like a leak from the oil seal ring. Was the ring renewed at the last oil change?

This was fixed by the dealership last week. It was a broken copper seal?! :nenau

Back
Top Bottom