Sena 30K update v3.0.1

Rick 1600

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I’m updating my Sena. Do I have to update both units or just my unit? If it’s both units, do I have to just connect the second unit to the pc or do I have to do the same thing as my unit?
While I’m on the subject, anyone have problems with voice prompts?
Maybe the update will help.

Thanks for the help.

It’s version v4.0.1, not v3.0.1.
Strange, it says it’s downloaded it but when I connect it again it asks if I want to download to v4.0.1?

It always asks if you want to download the os

plug your unit in and connect it, it will tell you the latest sW level at the top

When you say both units , i take it you mean the Dock & the unit,

Just the unit ;) but if you have more than one unit then all units

I'm waiting for the slowing down of the unit, poor battery life etc conspiracys to start ;)

I dont use Mesh, so in no great hurry to update

Thanks Santa.... yes, the two units, mine and the one the wife uses as passenger .
I’ll plug it in and see if it tells me if it’s the latest update.

Sena wireless dock :)

The idea being you remove it from the Helmet, drop it into the dock for charging and updating

When you want to go out you remove it from the dock and and attache to your helmet

Whether you think it's worth £60 odd is up to you :)

I think a std USB lead attached to a plug is better value for money

Attachments

• sena_carousel_wifi-docking-st.png
    sena_carousel_wifi-docking-st.png
    115 KB · Views: 224
Ah, me too...
I’ve been trying to update ( I’m sure I saw it on here) to v4.0.1 but this v3 is the latest version I think?
So your battery life is short and getting shorter? Have you had it/ used it a lot ?

Ah, me too...
I’ve been trying to update ( I’m sure I saw it on here) to v4.0.1 but this v3 is the latest version I think?
So your battery life is short and getting shorter? Have you had it/ used it a lot ?

Battery life is always a bone of contention ..

The claimed battery life for the 30 is somewhere round 13hrs of talk, & 8hrs of Mesh 1.0

i get roughly 8-10 hrs battery life - why? because i use ear plugs you need to crank the volume to max so you can hear anything (There speakers are the weak point)

you can get 13hrs with ease, turn the volume to 50% and hear nothing ;)

It looks like i got some duff initial data :blast the battery life for the two new models 50s & 50r is 13hr BT/ 8hrs Mesh & 14BT/9M respectivley

so only an hour increase over the 30K

The reference to battery life, was a tounge in cheek reference to the conspiracy theorists who claim a firmware upgrade has slowed down there phone ;)

it ist a phone so how can that apply :)

Ive never had a problem with my sena units apart from the speakers, being not powerful enough

I said I’d been having trouble with my voice command not working. Yesterday I sent a message to Sena about it. Today I had a phone call from Koln. Nice German guy asked me to explain what was happening, or not.
He asked me to put my phone on speaker and put it in my helmet. He shouted stuff at it, Didn’t work. Did a few other things, still didn’t work. He asked me to send it all back to Germany and they would send me another duel system out to me.
This will be the third one I’ve had. The Sportsbikeshop replaced the last one. Santa, if your having trouble with yours maybe you should contact Sena directly?

Back
Top Bottom