Denali sound bomb

Don't mean to make you feel sick, I fitted the whole kit to my GS1250. Took me about 90 minutes. I only have one arm! :)

Don't mean to make you feel sick, I fitted the whole kit to my GS1250. Took me about 90 minutes. I only have one arm! :)

very pleased for you mate. does the horn rub against the brake/abs hose or not? I only have no hair, but didn't think it relevant so I didn't mention it!

I'm wondering if its worse because its a low chassis bike. I'm looking at mounting it to a crashbar or sticking it in the for sale page! Surely you cant be happy with it fouling the brake line rubber cover or not, is that generally what folk do?

I'm wondering if its worse because its a low chassis bike. I'm looking at mounting it to a crashbar or sticking it in the for sale page! Surely you cant be happy with it fouling the brake line rubber cover or not, is that generally what folk do?

Maybe the low chassis bike interfears with it more than mine does. My one hardly touches it at all so rubber gaiter will do fine.

Mine just touches the brake line but does not impede it at all. It is also the low suspension model. See picture. Hope it helps.

Attachments

• IMG_2017.jpg
    IMG_2017.jpg
    239.2 KB · Views: 414
That's the same as mine. my concern is that the horn is fixed but the hose is contsantly moving and rubbing against the horn.Seems a bit Heath Robinson to me but loads of people fit them. Thanks for taking the trouble to post picture

Sorry to revive an old thread but I accidentally came across it!
I had a soundbomb fitted some months ago and had similar concerns about it making contact with the brake lines so I made enquiries with Denali in the US. They advised me that all the GS 1200/1250 soundbomb kits (or mounts if bought separately) should come with a protective braid sleeve that gets cable-tied to the brake lines to provide abrasion protection.

The sleeve wasn't installed with mine so I got one sent to me and fitted it myself.

Since then I've noticed that the pictures advertising the soundbomb/mounts now show the protective sleeve that they should have had all along.
I have heard that it could be an MOT issue if there is direct contact between brake lines and any bodywork or other parts.

I have heard that it could be an MOT issue if there is direct contact between brake lines and any bodywork or other parts.

Possibly might depend on the tester. The set up on my 1200 was as above and it passed through its mot at a main dealer with no problem.

I recently bought a 2021 1250GS with adaptive headlights. I'm trying to fit a split sound bomb, but struggling. I've fitted the acoustic part between the forks with no issues. However, I can't fix the compressor part to the left fairing. The fixing kit has a bracket to fit to the indicator bolt and against another bolt into the light housing. As much as I try, I can't get this to fit. I found a website that stated
"Please note that the compressor bracket does not fit on 2021-2022 GS and GSA models that are equipped with the adaptive headlight."
Nippy Norman said in an email to me that "the horn mount will be just fine. It has been tested on a multitude of bikes." I've asked them to provide details.

Has anyone with a 1250GS with adaptive headlights been able to fit the split bomb and if so, how?

Many thanks

Has anyone with a 1250GS with adaptive headlights been able to fit the split bomb and if so, how?

Many thanks

Hopefully the pics will explain how i did it but basically the compressor went on the r/h side of the headlight tucked into the fairing and secured by a bolt through the alloy front-end support/frame (the space there seems to be made for it. I had to drill a hole in the frame for the bolt to go through) and the horn went in the space occupied by the original horn using a simple L-shaped bracket which also fitted nicely. I didn`t like the idea of the horn between the forks rubbing the brake hose (mine is low chassis).....
It`s probably not the easiest/quickest method of fitting the split and requires some dissasembly of bodywork parts but it is neat and 100% secure and does not rely on cable ties for compressor fitment for example... You really dont want anything coming adrift in the fork/steering area.....

Nippy Norman said in an email to me that "the horn mount will be just fine. It has been tested on a multitude of bikes." I've asked them to provide details.
[/QUOTE]

Ah, the infamous NN after-sales service.

Thanks for the pics, much appreciated. however, I'm not keen to be drilling anything.
Hopefully NN will respond today, but if not I'm still keen to see any other alternatives where I don't need to drill.

Thanks guys

Back
Top Bottom