Fuel Pump and float

NeilH

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Can I take the fuel pump and float from a R1200RT (2010 - 2013) model and place it in my 2007 tank?

https://www.realoem.com and https://shop.maxbmw.com/ have incomplete part numbers on their microfiche which makes it more challenging and I can see the components side by side anywhere.

Looking a realoem for the RT (0430,0440) the fuel tank is part number 16117699595 which is exactly the same for the RT (0368,0388), this was the superseded part number 16117682839 which is actually the one on my bike.

So what was the difference between 16117682839 & 16117699595, was it a shape change that could impact using a float?

Next there are 3 components that hold the pump in place, a plastic support ring, gasket, then the main screw ring.

If you look at the microfiche for the plastic support ring the part numbers are missing on the later model so I can't make a comparison but I do know it has an indentation which the fuel pump sits into, are the indentations in the same place for both versions?

Does any one have access to view these components side by side?

Seeing as I'm waiting for yet another fuel strip and my tank is off the bike it's a good time to look at doing the conversion similar to the GS and K series.

is it just to replace pump & float,

or is it part of the fuel strip problem?

Its part of the fuel strip problem, I can re-pin the ECU same as the GS and K series have done and then turn off the fuel strip enabling the float.

Its part of the fuel strip problem, I can re-pin the ECU same as the GS and K series have done and then turn off the fuel strip enabling the float.

I did wonder if it was fuel strip,

i may be the bearer of bad news on that one

You can repin the GS / GSA depending on ZFE

because they come with either - non onboard computer (float setup) wired on pins 21 & 37 on the ecu

Or onboard computer (fuel strip) wired on pins 34 & 35 for the level side of things , & pins 38 & 39 for the heater

so you could switch from strip pinning to float pinning and fool the ECU ( you dont get a heater with the float , hence only needing 2 pins)

The RT on the other hand has the strip & heater assembly (so will have onboard computer) pinned on 34,35, 39 & 38 (Strip / Heater) Pins 38 &37 are for the Ambient air temp sensor

So you dont have the required pins 21 & 37 free

I did wonder about that not having a diagram at hand.....my day also got worse when it came to calibrating a brand new fuel strip which was straight out of the bag and kept dry (I didn't put it in the tank), times out on calibration, then you try again and again, eventually I get a calibration completed successfully, so my current confidence level of a brand new fuel strip is already exhausted.

I did wonder about that not having a diagram at hand.....my day also got worse when it came to calibrating a brand new fuel strip which was straight out of the bag and kept dry (I didn't put it in the tank), times out on calibration, then you try again and again, eventually I get a calibration completed successfully, so my current confidence level of a brand new fuel strip is already exhausted.

Hang on i have an LC wiring diagram,

let me see what the RT version says for float ;)

Back
Top Bottom