UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Seems I'm looking a new topbox for my 14 1200lc

Kappa make a nice looking givi mount plate
But it seems to come in 2 versions

Kra5108
Seems to be same plate but no supports and states its max 6kg capacity

Sra5112
Same plate with extra supports to frame but no mention of what the capacity is, that I can find anyway

I like the look of the 42L givi box

Anyone any experience of these brackets, is the braced one required, 6kg doesn't sound much.

I have the Trekker Outback boxes in both 58l and 42l sizes , bigger one for two up touring smaller one is a perfect everyday box, more practical than the smaller oe bmw box, it will easily take a full face lid, flask, sarnies,spare gloves , u lock and toolkit .

The 58 l box is huge and ott for daily usage

Doug.
If it was me I would sell the 1150 topbox on here and start fresh.

If I was doing it again I would buy the BMW Vario top box and bracket. Both available on here from time to time.
7ba26469ebd18800d04d753eebf5ba34.jpg

c4fabd7171945f388988b9fc98aa4737.jpg

But I’ll give you a ring later and chat about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have tried both, both very good, I have Kappa luggage on my 2015 1200gs 42L top box, 37l panniers. Great bits of kit.

That's all I could find also, the extra bracing looks substantial so I assumed it increased the capacity. The box itself takes 10kg,

Someone else has noted the rack is a bit flexy, this was the same on the 1150 racks and they would crack sometimes.

For the extra money I think I will look for the braced metal plate sra5112 and the 42L box as it seems to get a good review from everyone and it's a day to day box I need that holds one helmet.

Thanks for the replies

Back
Top Bottom