New Baby

bogey

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi,

Just picked up my new R1250GSA, traded in my 17 R1200GSA and have to say delighted with it and surprised with the difference, didnt think there would be as much of a difference.

Hers a snap of the bike;

IMG_5056_zpsimcittmx.jpeg.html

https://s750.photobucket.com/user/bonnybogey/media/R1250GSA Album/IMG_5056_zpsimcittmx.jpeg.html

Will report back on how I get on with it, can't wait until restrictions eased for a decent length journey!

Nice but lucky BMW make some difference, or they would not sell more.

Can't see pic pal

Hi,

Just picked up my new R1250GSA, traded in my 17 R1200GSA and have to say delighted with it and surprised with the difference, didnt think there would be as much of a difference.

Hers a snap of the bike;

https://s750.photobucket.com/user/bonnybogey/media/R1250GSA Album/IMG_5056_zpsimcittmx.jpeg.html

Will report back on how I get on with it, can't wait until restrictions eased for a decent length journey!

Congratulations , some will say the old one and the new one are not that different , glad you have seen the change and found that the difference is surprising and uplifting for the GS GSA . Fantastic engine , performance , punch and a perfect package for great days .

Hi,

Thanks for the comments guys. Clocking up miles at a slower rate due to the lockdown but enjoying every one. One;y issue Ive had is getting to grips with the TFT and its working but have a handle on it now. Main thing I notice is that mores with any os the GSA's I've had to date this one feels more like fun. Wind it on wherever, whenever and away she goes, great feeling, great sound, and still impressing. Not really sure what the numbers say re the difference with the previous model but for me it continues to feel way better.

B

Nice! Good sunny week next week, you can put some miles on it then.:thumb

Hi,

Thanks for the comments guys. Clocking up miles at a slower rate due to the lockdown but enjoying every one. One;y issue Ive had is getting to grips with the TFT and its working but have a handle on it now. Main thing I notice is that mores with any os the GSA's I've had to date this one feels more like fun. Wind it on wherever, whenever and away she goes, great feeling, great sound, and still impressing. Not really sure what the numbers say re the difference with the previous model but for me it continues to feel way better.

B

New toy always makes happy face. :beerjug:

Nice bike....same as mine except I went for black wheels and hand guards. No Akropovic either.

Bought mine last October but with winter, lock down, having 2 other bikes and cancelled European tours it only got about 1200m on the clock. Hope to alter this in the next few weeks

Enjoy the bike

Mike

I agree the 1250 is a significant leap forwards, however ive had a few TFT issues or probably more accurately the tft reports the issues I’ve had.

None of my issues have resulted in anything worse than time at the dealers, it’s booked in again to fix the sos system.

I’m too looking forward to stretching the bike a bit more shortly.

Hi,

Hers a snap of the bike;

Nice bike, picked up mine today as yours but black wheels and luggage, did you have any problems booking the 600 mile first service, dealer I bought from has doubts slotS won’t be available for several weeks due to smaller workshop teams.

Nice bike, picked up mine today as yours but black wheels and luggage, did you have any problems booking the 600 mile first service, dealer I bought from has doubts slotS won’t be available for several weeks due to smaller workshop teams.

Hi No problem with getting booked in for first service, well on the way to the 10K service now and all good. Only issue Ive had is an error message saying SOS connection failed and to contact dealer. Dealer said drop by anytime that suits and they will check out and sort.

Hi No problem with getting booked in for first service, well on the way to the 10K service now and all good. Only issue Ive had is an error message saying SOS connection failed and to contact dealer. Dealer said drop by anytime that suits and they will check out and sort.

In the event the dealer sorted me out and I got someone else’s cancelled slot, think there’re back up to speed now, had to redo the tft to device bondings, queried the oil level but really pleased with the bike��

I'm not saying that your SOS system is not faulty.

But generally speaking, when riding along, every now and then there comes up a message that reports SOS failure. If you keep riding and eventually stop, next time you start up SOS works ok.

When this is the case, the message is usually caused by poor phone coverage.
The SOS system have its own built in Simcard. This SIM card is contained inside a box placed inside the bike. This means you my find your self in an area with weak phone coverage. Your phone, contained in your pocket, may still work, while the SOS module gets the phone signals slightly blocked by the frame and other equipment on the bike, which means that the SOS system requires a stronger phone signal than your regular quality phone.

I had that SOS come up twice in first 900 miles, dealer could see the that it had but had no explanation as to why it had
Now on 3000 miles and it hasn't happened since
Knutk's theory sounds likely, although I have been over some real remote places since, and no SOS warning

Back
Top Bottom