Tartivating my 'new' 1150GS

Oh, and re: the side stand, I've found a used, possibly GSA one on eBay for very little money. If it is an Adventure one then fine, if not, then it'll be up the road to the local metalwork shop for an extension; although it might need some modding as there's very little clearance between the end of the side stand and the main stand:nenau

Oh, and re: the side stand, I've found a used, possibly GSA one on eBay for very little money. If it is an Adventure one then fine, if not, then it'll be up the road to the local metalwork shop for an extension; although it might need some modding as there's very little clearance between the end of the side stand and the main stand:nenau

GSA one fits with just enough clearance of the centrestand when in the up position, if you go any longer when you get carried away extending an old standard GS one it will not fit and you will have to shorten your newly lengthened and repainted item ........................... guess how I know ?

Also make sure the sidestand bush is in good nick , it takes very little wear on the bush to make the stand 'slack'

GSA one fits with just enough clearance of the centrestand when in the up position, if you go any longer when you get carried away extending an old standard GS one it will not fit and you will have to shorten your newly lengthened and repainted item ........................... guess how I know ?

Also make sure the sidestand bush is in good nick , it takes very little wear on the bush to make the stand 'slack'

Will do;)

I've also ordered an ice hockey puck for the grand price of 1.99€ so we'll see if that can be bodged:rolleyes:

Attachments

• st1.jpg
    st1.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 260
  • st2.jpg
    st2.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 285
Well it's amazing how things can change in 24hrs;)

It appears my extended 'holiday' has been at least temporarily, suspended:rolleyes:

Off to Spain for a few days next week(in the car unfortunately), but then a month in la belle France which will be with the bike:thumb

So a quick run out yesterday to get filters etc., for both the car and bike.

This morning it was a case of warm up, drain, remove filters and fill up x2 All went with the usual amount of messiness until I decided to decant two cans of new oil into one so I'd have an empty pot for the waste...Bloody top came off one and covered me in oil:mad::mad:
At least it was clean... But cue one pair of ruined shorts...F*§$%

I also changed the gearbox oil whilst I was at it. This looked actually very clean(unlike the engine oil). Both had been changed only a couple of thousand km ago, but last year.

My new cheapo hockey puck turned up yesterday too, so I had a look at where and if it would fit. Wifey on her hands and knees whilst I supported the bike and the position marked on the underside of the side stand.

2 x M6 bolts and Nylocs and a less than elegant but eminently practical solution to the angle of dangle problem at least in the short term:cool: It's still got a lean on, but 2cm less now:p

Attachments

• sstand.jpg
    sstand.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 262
  • sstand1.jpg
    sstand1.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 257
  • sstand2.jpg
    sstand2.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 269
  • sstand3.jpg
    sstand3.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 257
I live in Germany and obviously this Covid thing has had a big effect on the bike market; basically nothing's moving and not helped by dealers selling bikes for less than private sales just to get some cash in. grab a beer and follow the saga:p ...[/QUOTE]

Opposite of over here in Australia. I've been watching R1150GS r1200gs for the last 12 months and man have they been moving fast over the "lockdown" in Oz. May have something to do with the government letting people access their own super 10k at a time....

Back
Top Bottom