Help with DSA setting please

Rowle

Reaction score
Hi all
I can change the suspension settings ok on the TFT from road to dynamic but both are always in auto.
How do i get to the min / max / auto choice menu ?
Been at it 30 mins now reading the manual but cannot change it.

I might not like it ( and its probably best in auto) but i want to try it.
Here is the screen - cannot get to alter the right hand box .

Attachments

• 6ACBDA70-91CB-4E01-98EE-30B333D9C7E9.jpeg
    6ACBDA70-91CB-4E01-98EE-30B333D9C7E9.jpeg
    73.8 KB · Views: 631
  • 9D165C3C-9A65-403B-9DD2-E4DF92008CFA.jpeg
    9D165C3C-9A65-403B-9DD2-E4DF92008CFA.jpeg
    118 KB · Views: 633
The bike needs to be stationary and you hold the suspension setting switch in for a few seconds and the options you are looking for will appear in the box - you then cycle through by pressing the switch until you get the option you want.

The bike needs to be stationary and you hold the suspension setting switch in for a few seconds and the options you are looking for will appear in the box - you then cycle through by pressing the switch until you get the option you want.

That worked :bow:bow
Min to max makes a massive difference in height !

It does not tell you any of that in the manual .......

Thank you so much for the quick reply :)
Rowle.

Happy to assist. I agree, in particular the High setting is noticeably high although I don't find much difference between Auto and Low so am happy to just leave it in Auto.

Think i read somewhere that it was good practice to go through the various suspension settings on a regular basis to make sure everything was working correctly and not 'seizing up '

Happy to assist. I agree, in particular the High setting is noticeably high although I don't find much difference between Auto and Low so am happy to just leave it in Auto.

Agree.
After a bit more playing around, the max is very high but low/auto is about the same.

Good point from yorkshire twat about cycling it every few months.

Think i read somewhere that it was good practice to go through the various suspension settings on a regular basis to make sure everything was working correctly and not 'seizing up '

That's true, I often cycle through the settings for that reason.

A handy hint if your gonna be occasionally carrying full luggage and a pillion, is to put the bike into low, load it up then put it into auto for the road trip and just remember to go back into low before dekitting pillion, works for me and Mrs Ant

A handy hint if your gonna be occasionally carrying full luggage and a pillion, is to put the bike into low, load it up then put it into auto for the road trip and just remember to go back into low before dekitting pillion, works for me and Mrs Ant

What does that do ?

By lowering the suspension it lowers the height for Mrs Ant to climb on, at a smidge over 5’ she needs a bit of help, me being over 6’ makes no difference

And “A happy wife means a happy life”.

By lowering the suspension it lowers the height for Mrs Ant to climb on, at a smidge over 5’ she needs a bit of help, me being over 6’ makes no difference

And “A happy wife means a happy life”.

Oh ok.
You are aware that the manual suggest unloading the bike and standing to remove as much weight as possible before highering the suspension settings ?

Cheers bud, we only do this a couple of times a year anyway, since the bike spends all the time in auto

Oh ok.
You are aware that the manual suggest unloading the bike and standing to remove as much weight as possible before highering the suspension settings ?

That will be for the ESA not the DESA.
if left in auto DESA it changes as you load it up so you cannot follow those instructions.

You can select minimum in DESA.
He stated selecting minimum , then once aboard, selecting auto .........

If the temperature is very low,
take the weight off the motorcycle before increasing spring
preload; if applicable, have your
passenger dismount.
Once adjustment completes,
the D-ESA display disappears.
In AUTO loading mode, the
spring preload is adjusted only
once the motorcycle is driven
off.

Self cancelling info.
For most people riding solo MIN and auto will be the same. When the bike gets loaded the sag will be the same, so why the need (v. low temps only) to reduce the load before raising preload manually when it is not possible to do in AUTO.

.....although I don't find much difference between Auto and Low so am happy to just leave it in Auto.

I have found mine is slightly lower in the 'Low' setting than in 'Auto'.

Me too.

It's helped me so thank you for posting this.

:clap

I ride two-up all the time and find that Auto is too low and makes the bike turn in too slowly compared to the two-up setting on my old 2014 model 1200 GS LC. Max preload is a lot better, but the height kind of defeats the benefits of buying a low-chassis bike.

I tried it last week on my way into Aberdeen for service. Set it to Road and Low, it was bloody awful, bike wallowing all over the place on the uneven surface. Didnt like that much so put it back to DP and auto. It has to be said on the low setting it was a good bit lower than standard and i noticed it as soon as i climbed aboard (good for a short arse like me) But its not a setting id use on the road again unless i change it everytime i dismount.

Back
Top Bottom