GPS POWER LEAD

alpsrider

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Afternoon all,
I'm looking to power my Garmin 660 from somewhere behind the clocks, possible from the lights.
Any suggestions?
Many thanks

The draw on a sat nav is tiny, just drop an in-line fuse from main beam - job done and will only power when ignition is on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am probably wrong here, but....

I seem to recall that if you use the headlight, the GPS will only power on if the lights are on? I wired mine into the brake light as that is a constant feed. I am sure someone with a much greater knowledge than mine (wouldn't be difficult) will confirm whether I am talking bollox or not.

Sorry I just assumed it was a post 2002 bike that had the lights on constantly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is a 2003 so yes lights are on all the time with ignition on.
Apologies if this is a silly question, but would it better to power off the dipped beam rather than the main beam? Is the power to the main beam live even though it is not on?
Thanks in advance:beer:

It is a 2003 so yes lights are on all the time with ignition on.
Apologies if this is a silly question, but would it better to power off the dipped beam rather than the main beam? Is the power to the main beam live even though it is not on?
Thanks in advance:beer:

You have a main beam which is on all the time, and you have a high beam which comes on when selected.

Actually they are referenced as Low beam and High beam..

It’s all in the terminology....Go figure...:nenau

You have a main beam which is on all the time, and you have a high beam which comes on when selected.

Actually they are referenced as Low beam and High beam..

It’s all in the terminology....Go figure...:nenau

Yes makes perfect sense now, thank you for that. :blast

Back
Top Bottom