What's this wire? is it aftermarket? Looks like a sensor.

GSrick

Reaction score
I have had the rear carrier off during my restoration and underneath I have found this , what looks like a sensor. Is it part of the original wiring?
There is an alarm fitted that doesn't seem to be active anymore, I thought t could be something to do with that, but I don't know.

Attachments

• IMG_0973.jpg
    IMG_0973.jpg
    243.9 KB · Views: 227
  • IMG_0974.jpg
    IMG_0974.jpg
    240 KB · Views: 226
Magnetic door alarm sensor. Part of your aftermarket alarm system.

Certainly not original equipment.

Looks very much like a hall sensor for an alarm. Other half of sensor would usually be mounted to the underside of the seat so two halves are side by side with seat fitted. If seat is removed when alarm is active, it sets off the alarm.

Meta 357t alarm magnetic sensors
f190e9780e0195848b156f10760ed037.jpg

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk

A magnetic sensor , most likely an anti-tamper protection for your bike alarm. I had one of those and its counterpart on the underneath of the bike seat where the alarm was housed. I cannot for the life of me remember what the name of the aftermarket alarm was... :(

Yes that makes sense it was under the seat. The alarms doesn't seem to be active , I've never used it. Thanks guys

Yes that makes sense it was under the seat. The alarms doesn't seem to be active , I've never used it. Thanks guys

Then I suggest you remove it completely in case it immobilises your bike inadvertently. Old redundant alarms are not to be trusted; just ask my mate with his VFR800 - very embarrassing.

Then I suggest you remove it completely in case it immobilises your bike inadvertently. Old redundant alarms are not to be trusted; just ask my mate with his VFR800 - very embarrassing.

Yes I'm in touch with the previous owner. I'll ask if its been disconnected or I'll get someone to deal with it. Not my strong point electrics

Yes I'm in touch with the previous owner. I'll ask if its been disconnected or I'll get someone to deal with it. Not my strong point electrics

There is the risk that he will tell you what you want to hear, unless you actually know the guy. It's not rocket science, just a case of tracking & tracing once you know where the alarm module has been fitted.

Back
Top Bottom