Denali kit discharging bike battery.

ChrisH

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I fitted a full Denali Hex kit to my 1250 gs (brake light, sound bomb, led lights). Since fitting the kit I often find the battery has gone flat even though the bike is always left on a battery tender when not in use. I”ve just the bike serviced and asked the dealer to look into the problem for me. The dealer says the Denali kit is preventing the canbus system from shutting down properly and so discharging the battery. Has anyone else come across this problem? Thanks in advance guys.

I have the same kit but on a 1200 LC. I had the battery replaced under warranty when the bike was 8 months old as it failed to hold a charge even though it was on the BMW tender when not in use. I then fitted the Denali kit. I have not had any problems post instillation. Could it be a crappy BMW battery and they have just blamed it on the kit?

I've got a Denali controller plus spot lights and brake light and have had no problems. However, I have noticed that since I had a tracker fitted the battery does seem to discharge more quickly than it used to based on the check light display on my battery trickle charger.

I've got a Denali controller plus spot lights and brake light and have had no problems. However, I have noticed that since I had a tracker fitted the battery does seem to discharge more quickly than it used to based on the check light display on my battery trickle charger.

Same here.

Had a Denali Cansmart for 4 years now, and swapped to my 1250, no issues with battery drain. If the can bus wasn't switching off you would know, mine clicks when it shuts down, also my extra rear brake lights (not denali) are running lights as well and switch off as soon as the can bus closes down

Logic tracker uses battery normally to track, and battery in tracker also as backup only.

The battery holds charge when the Denali kit is disconnected so it’s defo the denali causing it. Wondering if I have possibly got a faulty can smart controller thingy?

I have the same kit but on a 1200 LC. I had the battery replaced under warranty when the bike was 8 months old as it failed to hold a charge even though it was on the BMW tender when not in use. I then fitted the Denali kit. I have not had any problems post instillation. Could it be a crappy BMW battery and they have just blamed it on the kit?
I was sure my battery was faulty, I was going to upgrade my bikes battery myself but the battery is a different size. (Not sure if the battery is different to the 1200 or because my 1250 is the Rallye Hp version which I believe is smaller anyway).

I was sure my battery was faulty, I was going to upgrade my bikes battery myself but the battery is a different size. (Not sure if the battery is different to the 1200 or because my 1250 is the Rallye Hp version which I believe is smaller anyway).

Maybe you have new HP Lithium in bike, big price to change.

I had an issue with my Denali cansmart (not related to draining the battery) and the shop I bought it from (r&g racing) just sent me a new cansmart controller. I’d try and go back to the place you got it from as it may well be an issue with the controller and Denali seem pretty good helping out if you have an issue. Also if it’s the Hex controller (Rather than the Denali version) you could try posting in the hex link on this forum as the guy who makes them will respond and help.

Cheers guys, all input much appreciated. I’ve sent off emails to both Denali and the supplier. If no one else has had this issue then it must surly be a fault with my controller? I’m hoping they send me a new controller to try.

Back
Top Bottom