Treetop Tuning ECU remap - opinions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you don’t want to go to a “Treetop” tuner because of the controversy around the exposure of a con man then fine, go to any other reputable tuner. But don’t go to the con man, because that’s all he is.

The Trading Standards investigation into Hilltop was progressing but a change of personnel at Leicestershire and COVID got in the way. I have no vested interest in any of the various tuners behind Treetop other than as a customer of one of them. However, I have an interest in making sure bikers aren’t conned by the invisible, unmeasurable nonsense peddled by the snake oil salesman

Of all the places on the internet to bash hilltop don’t try and do it on here, it pointless.

If you don’t want to go to a “Treetop” tuner because of the controversy around the exposure of a con man then fine, go to any other reputable tuner. But don’t go to the con man, because that’s all he is.
What evidence is there, that he is a con-man.

Has there been an investigation by trading standards, maybe the Police ?

That's a real Police investigation, not the made up pack of lies by Treetop, claiming Avon & Somerset were ongoing, but the crf treetops gave had nothing to do with Hilltop did it. What about them providing false details on fb, then claiming it was a customer wot done it.

You're as transparent as a piece of glass.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

The Trading Standards investigation into Hilltop was progressing but a change of personnel at Leicestershire and COVID got in the way. I have no vested interest in any of the various tuners behind Treetop other than as a customer of one of them. However, I have an interest in making sure bikers aren’t conned by the invisible, unmeasurable nonsense peddled by the snake oil salesman
Yet you know that there is an ongoing investigation, that staff have changed. Weird that a 'mere' customer knows all this stuff

Please name the original staff, the present staff and the reference number, I can get my sister to check it all, as Citizen's Advice manager she deals with trading standards all around the country.

What evidence is there, that he is a con-man.

Has there been an investigation by trading standards, maybe the Police

You, as well as me know that neither the police or Trading Standards are going to investigate a claim of a placebo remap. It's a pointless retort.

You, as well as me know that neither the police or Trading Standards are going to investigate a claim of a placebo remap. It's a pointless retort.
Yet, Treetops claimed repeatedly that the Police were involved previous, they even provide a crf number and the Force/Station involved.

It was a total fabrication, a lie, a load of bullshit.

Now it is claimed that Leicestershire Trading standards are investigating, but that due to Covid-19 and staff changes it has been delayed, all this information from a 'mere' customer who has no involvement bar having his bike tuned by them.

You are wrong, Trading Standards would look at a wide ranging and persistent offender, rather than a one off (unless the media got involved).

After the last charade by Treetops and their mates, I am not willing to give them the benefit of any doubt.

Others may have a differing view, and that is their right.

Police and trading standards aren't investigating chiropractors, acupuncturists and osteopaths so I doubt they'll be investigating similar practices applied to motorcycles.

Police and trading standards aren't investigating chiropractors, acupuncturists and osteopaths so I doubt they'll be investigating similar practices applied to motorcycles.
Oh yea of little faith.

Treetops told everyone that there was an ongoing Police Investigation, except it was all a lie.

As for Trading Standards, I await with interest the details I've requested, soon find out if it is another pack of lies, or not.

You are wrong though, if a considerable number of complaints were received then an investigation 'may' take place, especially if consumer confidence is being harmed.

Although there are other areas which get higher priority, and with limited resources, cases are more targeted.

Past experience of dealing with Trading Standards after dobbing in a competitor for falsely CE marking PPE to various EN standards tells me they won't give a toss.

Past experience of dealing with Trading Standards after dobbing in a competitor for falsely CE marking PPE to various EN standards tells me they won't give a toss.
Sort of, but if there are numerous complaints, usually coming via Consumer Direct then it is looked at internally, to decide on best way to proceed. Not in anyway doubting you, I'm sure you can recognise that it could seen as a disgruntled competitor stirring it.

However, according to someone there IS an ongoing investigation by Leicestershire Trading Standards, but it has been delayed by staff changes and Covid-19, he knows all about it as he is a customer of Treetops.

I personally wish they would just fuck off with their agenda.

Absolutely true, it could be. However, I supplied 6 sets of test data from an independent ISO accredited NHS lab that demonstrated they didn't comply.

http://www.smtl.co.uk/about-smtl-1.html
I recall your original post, and it is still as scary as the first time.

The fact that anyone would falsify ppe equipment is frightening, but as long as money can be made some will chance it.

At least you did try.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom