Goldwing

stever1

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
New, auto, red and black, and its mine !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cant wait to pick it up on Saturday :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I shall be interested to hear what you think of the new ride. Found myself quite tempted a couple of weeks back, after chatting through the merits of the beast with Martin Colgate at Wheels Honda, Peterborough. I really must get back to him & organise a test ride on their R&B DCT demonstrator.

The easy performance of the DCT seemed like a no-brainer. The only downside for some, apart from price, appears to be the smaller panniers but it's not something that would trouble us TBH; after touring on sports bikes for years we always pack light anyway.

Have fun & please keep us posted.

I shall be interested to hear what you think of the new ride. Found myself quite tempted a couple of weeks back, after chatting through the merits of the beast with Martin Colgate at Wheels Honda, Peterborough. I really must get back to him & organise a test ride on their R&B DCT demonstrator.

The easy performance of the DCT seemed like a no-brainer. The only downside for some, apart from price, appears to be the smaller panniers but it's not something that would trouble us TBH; after touring on sports bikes for years we always pack light anyway.

Have fun & please keep us posted.

Well I've tried both the manual and the dct and I think the dct does bring an extra dimension to the bike. Thats why I've decided to spend a HUGE amount of money on one. I agree about the pannier size and I also think there should be a 12v socket as standard as well.
If you do go on a test ride make sure you get it for a half day as it takes a while to tune in to the bike.
Incidentally, I spent a lot of time pestering the dealer including 3 test rides before committing and I'm really impressed at the level of patience and time Andy spent with me and the deal I got. I tried to deal with another Honda dealer in Castleford who didn't seem interested in doing a deal.

My brother and I were just talking about them a few weeks ago and how there would be space(big) in the garage for one. I think they look superb especially this one.
9cf990664219278ad6e67f862938b9bc.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I love it, I really do. Fk the virus doom and gloom/no money about/economic downturn/no jobs/we're all going to die/Black power etc etc.....Just say blx to the whole thing and buy one big, fat, fk off Goldwing.....:cool:

Loving your style Sir (really)...Enloy the new bike..Please let us know how you get on with it....:thumb2

I love it, I really do. Fk the virus doom and gloom/no money about/economic downturn/no jobs/we're all going to die/Black power etc etc.....Just say blx to the whole thing and buy one big, fat, fk off Goldwing.....:cool:

Loving your style Sir (really)...Enloy the new bike..Please let us know how you get on with it....:thumb2

Absolutely right. Might be out of work soon but what the hell you’ve got to take a chance now and then.

Congratulations :thumb. Looking forward to seeing some pics when it arrives. If its the matt black with red engine cases that you're getting (as per Reggie's pic above), they look eve better in the flesh.

Is it the bagger or the big 'un with top box. Which dealer?

I was after a Harley and test rode a Street Glide which was nice, had some character, but cumbersome.

Then on Saturday I took out a manual Goldwing Bagger - very impressive. Handling was a revelation, engine was smooth. Much better handling that the Street Glide, especially at low speed/tight turns, which was where I found the Harley to be too heavy. Really nice bike and there are some decent deals to be had on any older 2019 models - I'm tempted. I believe the 2020 has Apple Carplay of all things !

Congratulations :thumb. Looking forward to seeing some pics when it arrives. If its the matt black with red engine cases that you're getting (as per Reggie's pic above), they look eve better in the flesh.

Is it the bagger or the big 'un with top box. Which dealer?

I was after a Harley and test rode a Street Glide which was nice, had some character, but cumbersome.

Then on Saturday I took out a manual Goldwing Bagger - very impressive. Handling was a revelation, engine was smooth. Much better handling that the Street Glide, especially at low speed/tight turns, which was where I found the Harley to be too heavy. Really nice bike and there are some decent deals to be had on any older 2019 models - I'm tempted. I believe the 2020 has Apple Carplay of all things !

It’s the full fat tour version I’m getting, not the bagger. It is a 2019 model, but it does have Apple car play.
I also tried a Harley but was very underwhelmed.
The dealer is Miles Kingsport in Hull (Andy) who have given me a cracking deal.
After having 5 BMW GS/RT in the last 10 years and seeing the quality getting worse on each one it was time to get away from BMW and this was a great surprise when I tried it so I’ll give it a go :D

I owned one of the original red GL1000’s back in the day, which was an absolute gem of a bike, absolutely loved it, so far removed from today’s latest incarnation but I must admit that I really love the latest version, especially the red & black colour scheme a gorgeous looking bike.
I’d definitely go down the auto route as I currently ride a Crosstourer with the DCT box, an awesome system.
Enjoy your ownership and I look forward to hearing of your experiences and seeing some pics. :thumb2

Crikey - that wing in Reggie's picture must be the most stylish wing ever built by a light year.

In fact has the word 'stylish' ever been applied to a wing previously??

I have never been very interested in wings but that's a very fine looking bike.

Had a Bagger for just over twelve months last year.

Did 4,500 miles and toured Soain and Portugal with a mate on his bike.

Apart from the pretty useless panniers, these are great bikes.

Enjoy

Crikey - that wing in Reggie's picture must be the most stylish wing ever built by a light year.

In fact has the word 'stylish' ever been applied to a wing previously??

I have never been very interested in wings but that's a very fine looking bike.

List....£24K.....

It’s the full fat tour version I’m getting, not the bagger. It is a 2019 model, but it does have Apple car play.
I also tried a Harley but was very underwhelmed.
The dealer is Miles Kingsport in Hull (Andy) who have given me a cracking deal.
After having 5 BMW GS/RT in the last 10 years and seeing the quality getting worse on each one it was time to get away from BMW and this was a great surprise when I tried it so I’ll give it a go :D

Thanks for the info on the dealer. I think I've only even been to Miles Kingsport the once, probably 20 years ago. The 2019 model I tried didn't have CarPlay but the dealer said it could be retrofitted. TBH if I got one it would be a 2019 model as the discount over the 2020 was very decent, however I love the black and red one which is 2020 model only I think.
Good luck with the bike. Looking forward to some photos

This was mine... It did take me a while to gel with the leg position and the panniers

Yet another bike that I shouldn't have sold

:blast

Back
Top Bottom