Screen Replacement

alpsrider

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
The screen on my R1150GS Adventure is now very scratched and in need of replacement.
I have tobinators fitted and don't seem to have any problems with the height on the oem screen but fancy one with a light grey tint.
Seems to be a lot of aftermarket ones out there, was wondering if anyone has any recommendations.
Many thanks.

Hi Guys,
I have aan MRA adjustable screen on my R1150GS had it for about 8 years now holding up well and not discoloured at all.Hope this helps you both

Hi Guys,
I have aan MRA adjustable screen on my R1150GS had it for about 8 years now holding up well and not discoloured at all.Hope this helps you both

Hi,
Thanks for the info.
Had a look at the MRA you suggested but to fit it to the GS Adventure you have to also purchase the fittings from the standard GS adding around £40 to the cost.
Thanks anyway:beerjug:

Bit of an update.
Took my very scratched screen off today and gave it to a friend who does car detailing.
He went over it with fine wet and dry then used two types of cutting compound with his buffing machine followed by a coat of windscreen sealent. looks almost as good as new!
It was a bit of an experiment as my screen was going to be replaced anyway so nothing to lose.
He wasn't sure how long it will last but worth the effort. Will certainly do for now.

I was going to suggest giving this a try - I’ve done mine and took some really deep gouges out of it where the bike was dropped by the previous owner. It’s pretty nerve wracking taking wet and dry to the screen, but a bit of patience and the right grades and all of a sudden they come back to life... Get some ‘clear view’ from somewhere like transair to keep it in good nick. Don’t use a dirty cloth on it - have one cloth that you use on the screen and don’t use it for anything else....

I was going to suggest giving this a try - I’ve done mine and took some really deep gouges out of it where the bike was dropped by the previous owner. It’s pretty nerve wracking taking wet and dry to the screen, but a bit of patience and the right grades and all of a sudden they come back to life... Get some ‘clear view’ from somewhere like transair to keep it in good nick. Don’t use a dirty cloth on it - have one cloth that you use on the screen and don’t use it for anything else....

I was amazed the difference it made!
My friend did say he wasn't sure how long it would last but well worth the effort.
He put a coat of Glago Glass sealant on it as well so we will see, not tried it in the rain yet.
that's good advice only to use one cloth on the screen, they are so easy to scratch.

Bit of an update.
Took my very scratched screen off today and gave it to a friend who does car detailing.
He went over it with fine wet and dry then used two types of cutting compound with his buffing machine followed by a coat of windscreen sealent. looks almost as good as new!
It was a bit of an experiment as my screen was going to be replaced anyway so nothing to lose.
He wasn't sure how long it will last but worth the effort. Will certainly do for now.

That’s exactly what I did to mine. And the covers on my old Merc headlights. And my motorhome windows. :thumb2

Back
Top Bottom