How do I get MP3's to the SD card rather than the Zumo ?

Deleted account 210604001

Reaction score
Has anyone (ideally with a Mac) managed to put MP3 files on a SD card rather than the inbuilt MP3 folder on the Zumo ?

Copying the files to an 'MP3' folder and then inserting the SD card doesnt recognise them, even after rebooting the device.

Using the 'Android File Transfer' app I can connect the Zumo by cable and see all the folders, but still can't navigate to the SD card thats in the device.

Please let me know if you have managed to copy files/mp3's to the SD card !

Thanks

RBW.

I think there is a guide on here already, or maybe I saw it on youtube/google search?

Make sure the card is formatted and not to mac format.

it needs to be formatted fat32

some sd cards over a certain size need an app to format them otherwise the size reported is wrong

I usually make 2 folders

1 called Mp3

1 called Media

I transfer 3 different Mp3 files

1 to the root folder

1 to the Mp3 folder

1 to the media folder

i then put the card into the nav and select media -

whichever file shows up, is the folder you need to transfer all your MP3's to

Solved - formatted the SD card again, and directly transferring files to a folder named MP3 seems to have worked this time.

RBW.

Thanks Santa, think I had formatted as a mac format.

RBW.

Make sure the card is formatted and not to mac format.

it needs to be formatted fat32

some sd cards over a certain size need an app to format them otherwise the size reported is wrong

I usually make 2 folders

1 called Mp3

1 called Media

I transfer 3 different Mp3 files

1 to the root folder

1 to the Mp3 folder

1 to the media folder

i then put the card into the nav and select media -

whichever file shows up, is the folder you need to transfer all your MP3's to

another quick tip is you can change the format of our iTunes library to MPs it keeps the original apple file and duplicates it as a MP3. it can be done in iTunes itself, then you highlight all the MP3s,copy and paste to your SD card

But you prob knew all that anyway

Micro SD card sometimes doesn't sit correctly either as I found out with my new XT. Just make MP3 file to card and drag mp3's into that folder.

Back
Top Bottom