Shifter shaft bushing tool from Jim’s.

Rugged Path

The Honourable.
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
The gear linkage on my 2010 Ultra Classic is so loose it constantly rattles. I thought the cure would be just buying a new pedal shaft but no.
On YouTube I discovered there are two bushings within the case housing that the pedal shaft rolls on. These must be worn.
Jim’s make a tool for around £70 + shipping (+tax) which for a one-off job is a lot.

Has anyone made a homemade tool to do the same job here in the U.K.?

Patria o Muerte

The gear linkage on my 2010 Ultra Classic is so loose it constantly rattles. I thought the cure would be just buying a new pedal shaft but no.
On YouTube I discovered there are two bushings within the case housing that the pedal shaft rolls on. These must be worn.
Jim’s make a tool for around £70 + shipping (+tax) which for a one-off job is a lot.

Has anyone made a homemade tool to do the same job here in the U.K.?

Patria o Muerte

you could join the HDRCGB as they have a tool loan to members ,they might have one or point you in the direction of someone or join their forum on their website and post in it or maybe do a search on it ???

you could join the HDRCGB as they have a tool loan to members ,they might have one or point you in the direction of someone or join their forum on their website and post in it or maybe do a search on it ???

No need to join at the present time. Discovered a ‘Heath Robinson’ method of bushing removal and installation.
All I need is to order the bushings.

Patria o Muerte

The bushing I need is #15 on this microfiche (2x) to replace the worn existing one’s as the gearshift assembly is way too loose.
Trying to locate the type and sizing to order from bearing boys. Cannot find it on the HD parts system myself.
bdbbbe3352a295c8405bd2bb1d386fdf.jpg

Patria o Muerte

Back
Top Bottom