Resetting Service warning

Peteski54

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Does anyone know if you can reset the service warning on a 1250 GSA without spending a fortune with the dealer paying for a service it doesn’t need. I have hardly done any miles on my 1250 GS adventure but the service warning has came up due to a year passing, seems a total con to pay for a service when it’s not done anything.

Any useful tips much appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe you can reset it with a GS911 but you need you use up one of the 'slots' if its the hobbyist version.

This is bloody annoying. I was told they brought in regs to force car manufacturers to provide a way of resetting the service indicator yourself e.g. click the right indicator three times while pressing the brake or somesuch.
But, they forgot to include bikes in the regs Grrr.

It’s just a bloody con, I phoned BMW in Aberdeen to ask her if they could reset it but she was a bit snotty on the phone and said basically no chance, you’ll need to service it. Pain in the arse as I’m just selling it off.

You can look on ebay for someone offering that service. I do but I'm too far from you.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8T using Tapatalk

It’s just a bloody con, I phoned BMW in Aberdeen to ask her if they could reset it but she was a bit snotty on the phone and said basically no chance, you’ll need to service it. Pain in the arse as I’m just selling it off.

Surely if your selling it you wouldn’t just reset the indicator without actually servicing it ? JJH

Yes...I'm sure it can be reset with a GS911...I have done it successfully on other BM's with my GS911

Surely if your selling it you wouldn’t just reset the indicator without actually servicing it ? JJH

If you read my note you would see that it hasn’t gone anywhere and doesn’t need the service, the service indicator comes on ever year regardless if it’s gone anywhere

Easily done with the GS911 wifi , I had to do it with mine, as at the service last september (9600 miles) the dealer set the service reminder for 12 months or 10,400 miles rather than 12months or 6000 miles .

If you read my note you would see that it hasn’t gone anywhere and doesn’t need the service, the service indicator comes on ever year regardless if it’s gone anywhere

I read your post a few times. I’m not changing my view. Let whoever buys it make up their own mind whether it needs a service or not. JJH

I read your post a few times. I’m not changing my view. Let whoever buys it make up their own mind whether it needs a service or not. JJH

Does the service indicator obscure the engine temp display? (Does on XR) - He just wants to get rid of the light, and sell on the basis that it has had all the mileage related services, but not the annuals. I think you could be making more of this than is warranted.

Does the service indicator obscure the engine temp display? (Does on XR) - He just wants to get rid of the light, and sell on the basis that it has had all the mileage related services, but not the annuals. I think you could be making more of this than is warranted.

Couldn't agree more. Annual servicing for low mileage vehicles is nonsense unless you're the sort that never does even any basic checks themselves.

The light is in because the bike is due a service according to the schedule - thinks like brake fluid degrade over time whether the bike is used or not. Anyway, you’d have to a bit dim to buy a bike without looking at the written service history, so providing the next post isn’t “Does anyone know where to get a stamp with a BMW logo on it” then probably no harm done.

The light is in because the bike is due a service according to the schedule - thinks like brake fluid degrade over time whether the bike is used or not. Anyway, you’d have to a bit dim to buy a bike without looking at the written service history, so providing the next post isn’t “Does anyone know where to get a stamp with a BMW logo on it” then probably no harm done.

Those are ridiculously easy to get hold of...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_...57.m570.l1313&_nkw=bmw+service+stamp&_sacat=0

Maybe I am. It’s not the way I read it. Someone else can read it differently. The first post says “hardly gone anywhere” in answer to me it’s changed to “it hasn’t gone anywhere”. Which is it? How many miles has it done? Look I’m not saying any more on this I’ve said enough. JJH

Maybe I am. It’s not the way I read it. Someone else can read it differently. The first post says “hardly gone anywhere” in answer to me it’s changed to “it hasn’t gone anywhere”. Which is it? How many miles has it done? Look I’m not saying any more on this I’ve said enough. JJH
Ah go on... go on, go on, go on

I pimp mine out for £20
Most cars
All BMW bikes

Paid for itself already

No bitchy remarks from me.

Back
Top Bottom