Indicator mishap..

Spud

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Just managed to snap the rear indicator off my 2014 GS (LED type) and they look to be just held in with one screw (snap rather easy...)
Getting a new one from BM easy enough, but two questions :

There seems to be lots of aftermarket ones that look the same but significantly cheaper, has anyone used any of these, and what experience ?

And I've not had chance to look yet, but is the connector for the wiring easy to get to, is it just a case of taking the pillion seat off ?

Thanks in advance

B

just replaced mine too. £35 odd quid for original. Know a lad got an aftermarket 0ne that looked the same but it has water in it now after a few weeks, hes replacing with original shortly.
easy fitted just remove seat and make sure enough slack in cable, then remove screw and clip out and replace.

Thanks for the replies I'll get one sorted. Just wanted to make sure they'd not "hidden" the connector somewhere obscure ...

Thanks again

Once replaced then fit indicator protectors ,a set of four from China (Wunderlich copies ) for less than £30.

If you do make sure you get a set for 4 short stem indicators ,as standard both the gs and gsa have short stem fronts but the gsa has long stem rears whereas the gs has short stem rears

When you change it the captive nut is only held in by a plastic holder and might vey well spin, if it does just drop the lower rear mudguard section it is only held on by four torx head bolts

Once replaced then fit indicator protectors ,a set of four from China (Wunderlich copies ) for less than £30.

If you do make sure you get a set for 4 short stem indicators ,as standard both the gs and gsa have short stem fronts but the gsa has long stem rears whereas the gs has short stem rears

When you change it the captive nut is only held in by a plastic holder and might vey well spin, if it does just drop the lower rear mudguard section it is only held on by four torx head bolts

I bought 3 different sets of those Chinese protectors and non of them fitted my 2020 GS - anyone got a link to ones that do fit ?
Thank you.

only 2 torx bolts !:D but your right about them spinning

Found the connectors easy enough under the seat, I'm assuming you need to drop the lower "tail tidy" bit the indicators are mounted to, to replace them (will do it this weekend at some point)

Found the connectors easy enough under the seat, I'm assuming you need to drop the lower "tail tidy" bit the indicators are mounted to, to replace them (will do it this weekend at some point)

No , if the indicators fixing bolt comes out there is no need to drop the lower part of the tail / mudguard unless the captive nuts turn out not to be which is fairly usual

Back
Top Bottom