Is there a Harley that's "just right" as it comes out of the crate?

They'll need to be fitted bloody high to stop them dragging. Will look.....interesting, on a low bike like a Breakout. :D

It's OK, you can only lean them over by about 7 degrees anyway

You forgot "sell it for less than a stock one as the buyer didn't want the same modifications as you made and is having to budget to change them"

Cock on !!

Back in the '90s I bought a new FXRS Lowrider. It was perfect (for me) straight out of the box and I never touched a thing. Whenever the dealer saw it he said that is was so 'different' as it was bog standard..:confused:

I kept it nine years and got top TOP money for it..:thumb

ANOTHER...'I should never have sold it' bike....:blast

The original question isn't unique to HD. Most people farkle their bikes. It's part of the fun of ownership, regardless of the fact that bikes have infinitesimally small degrees of adjustability compared with cars.

In my car I can adjust the seat backwards or forwards and up and down. The steering wheel also adjusts. I can get it exactly how I want it. Then the lovely Mrs Saint drives it and moves everything!

Will a 10 stone, 5'5" rider and a 20 stone, 6'6" rider both be equally comfortable on the same bike? Unlikely.

Would I be equally comfortable on my gs and my 790 Duke? Not without minor adjustments.

To the OP. Good luck finding the right bike for you, standard or otherwise.

OK, I know one person's just right is another person's trip to the chiropractor, and tastes and styles vary, but I'm trying to work out which is the best compromise.

I've ridden a few M8 bikes and like them, and I've got a bit of an urge to get another Harley... After having a decent test ride on the R1200C when it first came out I went and bought a Sportster. Now that I've ridden the R18, I think I'll have to get a Softail or a Tourer.

Thoughts so far...

Softails:

Fat Bob: A rather nice place to be. Like an R1200R Sport with forward controls. Spending money to get a bike that was very similar but not quite as good would be daft.

All flawed. Doesn't stop me wanting one though!

And that is why I bought a 114" Fat Bob. I still spent a lot of money on it though.....

Who gives a shit !

No one thats who.
Nobody gives a shitting shit what tedious little changes you made to your heap of shit.

Go and ride it.

Andres XX

Who gives a shit !

No one thats who.
Nobody gives a shitting shit what tedious little changes you made to your heap of shit.

Go and ride it.

Andres XX
Well that took longer than expected :)

Well - I for one will be amazed if Givi make pannier frames for a Breakout!

Well - I for one will be amazed if Givi make pannier frames for a Breakout!
That don't.

But then they don't make frames for the Triumph Street Scrambler either.

8ef4ff0727afcb78eff16917eb878ebf.jpg

That don't.

But then they don't make frames for the Triumph Street Scrambler either.

8ef4ff0727afcb78eff16917eb878ebf.jpg

If you ride in the middle lane, your right hand pannier will be in the fast lane. :D

Let's raise the centre of gravity, burn your passenger's thigh, and make side cases protrude out an extra 10".... brilliant! Eric Buell had it right.

If you ride in the middle lane, your right hand pannier will be in the fast lane. :D

I think the camera adds 8"!

Whilst it may look wide, with the Givis fitted the bike's a full 6" narrower than my F650 was with BMW factory luggage, and it's also narrower (just) than a stock R1250GS.

All this might prove is that the factory luggage in the F650 was poorly thought out. Whatever, I don't care. I can carry my sandwiches to work :)

I wanted a touring Harley without the bulk of an electra glide. Couldn't find anything so modded my Superglide sport with a replica FXRD fairing and some original FXRT panniers.

The panniers fit nicely into the bike

Attachments

• FXRT Panniers.jpg
    FXRT Panniers.jpg
    253.3 KB · Views: 160
  • FXRT Dyna.jpg
    FXRT Dyna.jpg
    269 KB · Views: 178

Back
Top Bottom