Two silly questions

Bloomberg reports Amazon Plans Dublin Distribution Base

and according to The Sun

Amazon is understood to be looking into taking on a huge fulfilment facility for orders to be processed and packaged in Dublin,

this would see Irish shoppers dodge any customs charges or delivery delays caused by Brexit.

and according to The Sun

Amazon is understood to be looking into taking on a huge fulfilment facility for orders to be processed and packaged in Dublin,

this would see Irish shoppers dodge any customs charges or delivery delays caused by Brexit.

It would be hard to dodge the customs charges etc. It will be built into the price somewhere.

Theyll keep the stock in EU using technology to predict what stock needs to be from EU and not import it into UK in first instance, like the Wahl trimmer i just bought, made in USA. Its notvlike much is being made in UK.

Autodoc, parts arrived after about a week and big savings. They screwed up on two parts though but are arranging refund. Made an order yesterday from winparts.ie will see how that goes. Didn't know about the carparts.ie, will check that out next time. I think most of these .ie parts places are in Germany.

Any one have an idea if a bike was brought in last year but never put on Irish plates, are you still going to be caught with VAT

Not sure. Whenever I imported a bike I always had to show proof of when it was physically brought into the country so as to satisfy the rules re VRT. I wonder if you were able to prove it had been brought in before 2021 wether such principles of such physical movements might be applied in your favour? I'd give the vrt office a shout to be sure. Of course if you can't prove it was brought into the country before 2021 you probably are caught for whatever vat etc.

You will be hit with a penalty for not registering the vehicle within 30 days id say.

All the factors such as age, engine size, mileage will be considered.

As well as vrt you could be charged vat, duty and maybe a nox fee.

Then again they could just let it in, depends what it says on the date of sale on the v5 and your receipt.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

You will be hit with a penalty for not registering the vehicle within 30 days id say.

All the factors such as age, engine size, mileage will be considered.

As well as vrt you could be charged vat, duty and maybe a nox fee.

Then again they could just let it in, depends what it says on the date of sale on the v5 and your receipt.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

way it is i have spotted bike and owner bough it last year from dealer who brough biek in, neight of them put it on irish plates.

ill leave it as no point adding another 21% plus vrt and duty on top

Large UPS parcel in today from winpart.ie (Netherlands. ). Was routed via Paris suburbs and Dublin before reaching me here in Cork . I think they've established their routes circumventing UK now.

Any one have an idea if a bike was brought in last year but never put on Irish plates, are you still going to be caught with VAT

If you have proof of import last year i.e. ferry ticket and purchase receipt I would make an appointment with VRT, trailer in the bike and see what they decide. I read on a motor forum that as long as it was imported pre 2021 you will be OK. If the charges are not agreeable you can say "I'll send it back, thanks anyway", no charges.

The reason I say this is because I was sent away from VRT station twice with a UK reg dirt bike that wasn't to their liking (no indicators and then indicators not working!). The reason I say trailer in the bike is if I had done this I would have had an easier passage through the system and the only thing looked at would have been ODO to see mileage. Mind you I think I got a picky official. As said previously you may have fine for late presentation but it will be small %, available on VRT site somewhere.

If you have proof of import last year i.e. ferry ticket and purchase receipt I would make an appointment with VRT, trailer in the bike and see what they decide. I read on a motor forum that as long as it was imported pre 2021 you will be OK. If the charges are not agreeable you can say "I'll send it back, thanks anyway", no charges.

The reason I say this is because I was sent away from VRT station twice with a UK reg dirt bike that wasn't to their liking (no indicators and then indicators not working!). The reason I say trailer in the bike is if I had done this I would have had an easier passage through the system and the only thing looked at would have been ODO to see mileage. Mind you I think I got a picky official. As said previously you may have fine for late presentation but it will be small %, available on VRT site somewhere.

Bike was sold anyway

Tralee VRT office the lady there is very helpfully and also doesn't look for indicators etc, her opinion was he has to check the vehicle documentation and not a NCT inspector.

Back
Top Bottom