Bike Lift

Disaster Area

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score

Attachments

• eyJidWNrZXQiOiJ3ZWItbmluamEtaW1hZ2VzIiwia2V5IjoidG9vbHNoZWRcL2ltYWdlc1wvcHJvZGltZ1wvNjE5XzEucG5n.jpg
    eyJidWNrZXQiOiJ3ZWItbmluamEtaW1hZ2VzIiwia2V5IjoidG9vbHNoZWRcL2ltYWdlc1wvcHJvZGltZ1wvNjE5XzEucG5n.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 466
I got a Sealy full table lift air/hydraulic to lift R1150GSA would highly recommend....

Hello again,
I'm debating how far to go with the strip down/refurb of the 1100.

What are people's opinions on bike lifts such as this:

https://www.thetoolshed.co.nz/product/619-toolshed-motorcycle-lift?categoryId=1193

Is there any issue raising the bike on something underneath the sump?

Thanks in advance.

I am no mechanic in any shape or form, but won't that limit the extent of your strip down refurb? won't you need header pipes and exhaust system off etc ?

(I'd be thinking full table lift ... )

Hello again,
I'm debating how far to go with the strip down/refurb of the 1100.

What are people's opinions on bike lifts such as this:

https://www.thetoolshed.co.nz/product/619-toolshed-motorcycle-lift?categoryId=1193

Is there any issue raising the bike on something underneath the sump?

Thanks in advance.

I used one off these to restore an RG250. Took the exhausts off and used heavy duty cable ties to secure it to the lift. Worked well and was very stable. But obviously lighter bike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just sold one.

For about 70 quid I think they are great bits of kit.......as ever....if it does what you want it to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have one of those - used it to take both wheels out of a project bike, but as mentioned - you really need to remove the exhausts to get a stable base.

By coincidence, I've just ordered (tonight) this, for the rest of the refurb and work on the other bikes:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BIKETEK-...rentrq:cfb469221760acc3f44cddc4fffaf1d0|iid:1

I bought it over the Clarke CML3 as I preferred it's slightly smaller dimensions and the better front wheel dual adjustment chock.

I'll report back when it's up and running :thumb

I use one of these for my 1150,easy to use and works well for removing wheels and cleaning.
I cut a piece of ply to fit between the alloy sump bash plate and the sump to take the strain off the mounting bolts and have never had any problem lifting the bike by the bash plate.

Been looking at these & wondering if a trough/channel like on a bike trailer could be added over a piece of ply & if the bike could go on its stand in some way. Not sure about lashing points. Place local sells the channels & end hoops £30-40

I did a service day with Mikeyboy a few years back down in the new forest. He used one of these, although thats more to do what was available for him there, but it worked just fine. I bought myself one off the back of that day.

So this arrived today - less than £500 delivered.

So far, so good - easy to assemble - up and running in about 20 mins.

6 height options, whereas the Clarke CML3 has 4 and the rear access ramp remains part of the assembly when raised, keeping it out of the way in use.

Project Yam can continue, with a bit less time on my knees now :thumb

Attachments

• biketek1.JPG
    biketek1.JPG
    239.9 KB · Views: 301
How easy is it to move the bed about on the casters? I’m torn between this and an abba lift. If I go bed like yours I’d like to be able to slide it out the way when not in use ...
(I appreciate it will be very heavy and is not something you can lift up...!!)

How easy is it to move the bed about on the casters? I’m torn between this and an abba lift. If I go bed like yours I’d like to be able to slide it out the way when not in use ...
(I appreciate it will be very heavy and is not something you can lift up...!!)

Without a bike it is easy because of the front casters - and when I say easy, I mean really easy :thumb

Just got a sealey table from Ffx.It’s got tie down rings which I’ve put small ratchet straps onto my gs1100 moves around great when lowered. Think I paid around £440 delivered

Back
Top Bottom