Altberg Clubman Boots Re-furb - delighted

KBKLR

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Got my Altberg Clubmans back from Altberg in Yorkshire today after their re-furb. I have had these since March 2004, they have done many many miles in all weathers and conditions and seen a lot of Europe and Asia. They left here at the back end of last year looking a little worn and sorry for themselves and have come back today looking amazing. It is really like having an old friend back. A big shout out for Altberg, these things hang together amazingly well compared to some of their disposable competition.

Got my Altberg Clubmans back from Altberg in Yorkshire today after their re-furb. I have had these since March 2004, they have done many many miles in all weathers and conditions and seen a lot of Europe and Asia. They left here at the back end of last year looking a little worn and sorry for themselves and have come back today looking amazing. It is really like having an old friend back. A big shout out for Altberg, these things hang together amazingly well compared to some of their disposable competition.

That’s good to know, I thought they had stopped doing refurb jobs and just did resoles.
They are amazing boots for the money.

How much is a refurb? I also thought they had stopped refurbs, good news.

I thought the same, if they are still doing refurbished my high leg hoggs need a look at as both are now leaking ☹️

They went away for a resole and came back looking great with many more years of life in them. To me, that is a refurbished set of boots, but my apologies to those that expected more.

There are 3 levels of resole. Check out their website for more info.

They stopped doing the refurb' a few years ago as they got a number of complaints from bods expecting their boots to be returned absolutely as brand new, not a mark on them, not a hint that they had been worn for countless thousands of miles :blast. In the world of social media a little bit of dissatisfaction goes a long way.

As the OP here has found, return your boots for a resole and you get a whole lot more than that - but no-one's calling it a refurb'.....;)

Back
Top Bottom