Total lockdown declared at the moment of new bike delivery

bosnjo

Reaction score
Portugal has just declared total lockdown for next 30 days because of the virus. My new R1250GS will be delivered to me in one week. Well, it will be long time spent in my garage installing all the accessories without any oportunity to ride the bike.
Damn... didn't count on that..

Same happened to me with the first lockdown, signed up for the bike on the Saturday, collection planned for the next Friday as the bike was in stock, locked down on the Monday :blast

Got it delivered during lockdown and found essential excuses to go out on it ;)

Portugal has just declared total lockdown for next 30 days because of the virus. My new R1250GS will be delivered to me in one week. Well, it will be long time spent in my garage installing all the accessories without any oportunity to ride the bike.
Damn... didn't count on that..

Until 30th January I have read and schools are still open...Or has it changed since lunchtime today?

Yes it is until 30th of January but the PM already warned that it will be extended with equal measures for 15 days more as first 15 days are clearly not enough but by law it's maximum duration that can be declared and has to be renewed every 15 days. Only schools (all degrees) remain fully funcional.

Well, you can go get food...
I presume you will work from home, mine is 40km away with some twisty roads, lucky me

I cannot work from home but my company is just 2 miles away. I've never used my bike for that short trip.

My wethead was bought 1 week before the first lockdown

So apart from the ride back from the dealer 150 miles & 10 trips to work that was it.

anyone thought of asking dealers if the warranty will be extended for the weeks were in lockdown??

I've just put a deposit down, but not bothered about delivery or collection, no point, its not going to ridden for a while anyway.

hi Managed to get the 1250 run in and the relevant service completed, then wham lock down.
Still I wiil appreciate it more when let loose.

I understood dealers can still deliver/collect etc

I've just put a deposit down, but not bothered about delivery or collection, no point, its not going to ridden for a while anyway.

On what sir ? New LC?

My CCM was delivered last year before it was registered , the first time I got to ride it was the Friday before the 1st lockdown on Tuesday in March.

Well, you can go get food...
I presume you will work from home, mine is 40km away with some twisty roads, lucky me

You are blessed with some lovely roads there. I rode down last January around Garda, Braga, Briganza, and back up to the Spanish ports. When we get back to normality Portugal will be very high on my list of rides. You don’t really need to plan a route cos it’s all lovely riding.

That is correct. I've moved to the south coast 20 years ago just because of riding conditions and made my life here. We can ride all year around. 300 sunny days a year and only 30 rainy days. Day temperatures during a winter never below 14ºC. I just love it here.

Sunny Portugal

Sunshine , warm weather and great roads. That’s why we chose Portugal for my 50th in 2018.

Bikes shipped to Porto my mate and I got off the plane to see massive black clouds in the distance and lightning. As our taxi arrived at the freight forwarders the heavens opened and we watched the rain rolling off the loading bay roof like a waterfall as we donned our gear. Later that day we would encounter ice in the hills, 2 guys in a snowplough keeping the road open and petrol stations with only back up generator power.

It rained every day of the 5 day trip , flooded roads, lots of dirt and debris washed on to the road (always on the corners! ) especially in the hills where there had been forest fires the year before, dams at reservoirs with water rushing out of the flood gates and swollen rivers.

We had 2 half days of nice sunshine and a few hrs here and there but the winds travelling down to Albefuira were really quite dangerous and when we arrived we flooded the hotel reception. On the 3rd time of apologising the receptionist said “not to worry I have never seen weather like this here since I started working at the hotel” I asked when was that ? “16 years ago she replied! “

Of course we hadn’t planned on cyclone Hugo :blast

https://www.severe-weather.eu/mcd/s...onight-and-tomorrow-morning-march-23-24-2018/

Great country and great roads though so we still had a pretty good trip :thumb

Pretty much in the same situation, had my bike delivered in mid-dec, spent some time doing paint protection on it and re-farkling, then I was chicken to go out on new tyres at 0-2 degrees, and now this.

I plan to do some essential shopping on it on Sunday as it looks like it will be a good day weather-wise, plus going to the dealer's on Monday for the service dept to look at a couple of small things. Bit nervous about being pulled up on the latter, but there is a genuine service endpoint even if one might argue it's not 'essential'.

That is correct. I've moved to the south coast 20 years ago just because of riding conditions and made my life here. We can ride all year around. 300 sunny days a year and only 30 rainy days. Day temperatures during a winter never below 14ºC. I just love it here.

I'LL GET ME COAT.

Delivery of my new bike is scheduled for tomorrow. The problem is I can´t find anyone to give me a lift because everyone is freaking out because of the virus. I'll have to call a taxi and that will cost me around €30.
What the hell, that's the only way...

Back
Top Bottom